Is there any example to use the "USB Host msd mfs" with ProcessorExpert?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any example to use the "USB Host msd mfs" with ProcessorExpert?

giuseppez
Contributor II

Hi,

Is there anybody that can indicate me an example on how to implement the USB Host msd mfs into a ProcessorExpert project?

I compiled the example in the USB 4.0.3 Stack folder, but this example doesn't use the ProcessorExpert, and I need it.

Regards

Giuseppe

Labels (2)
8 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Guiseppe,

I have posted in the following thread an USB MSD Host project with Processor Expert which uses the FSL USB Stack 4.1.1:

Re: USB Host Stack and K20 TWR/FRDM

See as well USB MSD Host for the FRDM-K20D50M Board | MCU on Eclipse

I hope this helps.

Erich

Monica
Senior Contributor III

So, Giuseppe, how is the project going?

Was this helpful? Let us know!

Regards

0 Kudos

giuseppez
Contributor II

Hi,

At the moment, I've been hijacked to another project more urgent.

When I'll return on this project I tell you the result.

Regards

Giuseppe

0 Kudos

Monica
Senior Contributor III

Ok, best of lucks to you with the new project!

We'll be around!

0 Kudos

rogerzhong
Contributor III

Processor Expert software can only create the sample code for peripheral initialization, if you want to do some application layer works on USB, the FSL USB Stack would be the best choice.

Or, you want to port this project to CW IDE with ProcessorExpert plugin? Maybe, I don't see what you mean.:smileyconfused:

0 Kudos

giuseppez
Contributor II

Hi,

Thank you for your attention.

What I want to do is to create a USB host that has to read a flash stick and then make some other actions with the other peripherals.

My problem is that into the Freescale USB stack example there are a lot of example using PE but with the device stack.

The examples with host stack are only without PE option.

I can run the example into the USB stack folder, but my problem is that I have to use also other peripherals and it wold be fine if I can use PE instead initiate manually by the code, all the peripherals.

I try to do the procedure to insert the PE project mode into the example project but I see that there are some difference, expecially into the khci file that I can't understand and then modify it.

I want only to know if it is possible to have an object in PE like the CSC or the MSD device mode but in host mode.

Sorry for my bad english, I hope to be clear in the exposition of the problem.

Regards

Giuseppe

0 Kudos

rogerzhong
Contributor III

Hi Giuseppe,

Please refer to AN4368(USB MSD Host bootloader) which is an application note released by FSL, may it be helpful to you. You can search and download this application note on FSL website in Kinetis MCU segment.

0 Kudos

giuseppez
Contributor II

Hi,

Already done, but also the AN4368 (if I remember well) works in code mode and without PE.

However, this evening I'll take a look another time at this application note.

Thank you

Regards

Giuseppe

0 Kudos