Is ther someone who tried to use the OSJTAG with eclipse (Kinetis K70)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is ther someone who tried to use the OSJTAG with eclipse (Kinetis K70)

Jump to solution
joelesco
Contributor III

Hi,

I'm trying to configure the debug configuration on  Eclipse to use the OSBDM. I didn't found AN about this possibility... Is there someone who did it ?

I apologize for my english...

Thanks a lot !

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
thomasgrieger
Contributor III

Hello Jay,

according to the website (P&E Microcomputer Systems - P&E GDB Server for Kinetis® devices - P&E GDB Server for Kinetis® device...) they offer a GDB server for their Multilink device. Unfortunately the free version comes with some restrictions. If you are not troubled by them it is a solution. All you need to do in Eclipse is to add the GDB plugin, configure it (some good descriptions are available), start the GDB server and you are good to go.

Another option may be the academic edition of the Segger J-Link (SEGGER Microcontroller - Embedded Software Solutions) in which the GDB server is included.

Regards,

Thomas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
joelesco
Contributor III

Thank you Jorge !

My question was incomplete ! I would like to know how to make it with Eclipse but Kepler !

Thanks again !

0 Kudos
thomasgrieger
Contributor III

Hello Jay,

according to the website (P&E Microcomputer Systems - P&E GDB Server for Kinetis® devices - P&E GDB Server for Kinetis® device...) they offer a GDB server for their Multilink device. Unfortunately the free version comes with some restrictions. If you are not troubled by them it is a solution. All you need to do in Eclipse is to add the GDB plugin, configure it (some good descriptions are available), start the GDB server and you are good to go.

Another option may be the academic edition of the Segger J-Link (SEGGER Microcontroller - Embedded Software Solutions) in which the GDB server is included.

Regards,

Thomas

0 Kudos
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Oh, sorry :smileyconfused:, I think I read between lines that you were using CodeWarrior. In that case I think you would need a plugin. Maybe you can ask to P&E Micro if they have something like that.

Regards!

/Jorge Gonzalez

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jay:

When you create a new project, you have the option to select OSJTAG from the new project wizard:

OSJTAG_Wizard.png

If you created a project without support for OSJTAG, then you can add a new connection from the debug configurations. In the attached video, the project was created only with P&E Universal Multilink connection, and I cloned the settings to add OSJTAG support.

Hope this is useful!

/Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos