Inputs of KL03 5V-tolerant?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inputs of KL03 5V-tolerant?

wof42
Contributor I

In the KL03 datasheet is stated that all I/O pins are NOT diode clamped to V_DD. And V_IO (max) is V_DD + 0.3V.

So I assume that the inputs are NOT 5V-tolerant. I have to use a voltage divider. Is that right?

All I/O pins are internally clamped to VSS through a ESD protection diode. There is no diode connection to VDD.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

wof42
Contributor I

So, is it possible to use only one current limiting resistor in series to interface 5V or higher input signals?

Since there is no diode to VDD apparently, this would imply that a voltage divider or an external clamping diode is necessary for every input. But that would complicate design. Is this really needed?

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Using the serial current limited resistor is not robust for the KL03 pins with 5V input.

The KL03 pins are 3.3V tolerance.

Customer need to keep KL03 pins input voltage below datasheet shows Max. 3.6V .

Thank you for the attention.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

KL03 product pins are not 5V tolerance.

Kinetis E series product is 5V tolerance MCU.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos