cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input glitch filter for KEA-128

vignesh_vb_7
Contributor IV

Hi,

I want to know about Input Glitch filter for KEA-128.

1)what is Input Glitch Filter ? where and how can it be used?

Tags (1)
4 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI Vignesh Balaji,

About the KEA128 input glitch filter normally is defined in the PORT_IOFLT0 and PORT_IOFLT1 register.

More details, actually, you can find it in the reference manual:

pastedImage_1.png

If you defined the port glitches filter, then if the input wave have the small small glitches which is shorter than the defined time, that glitches will be ignored. this usage is useful to reduce the input interference.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vignesh_vb_7
Contributor IV

Hi Kerry Zhou,

What is the minimum and maximum defined time to ignore  the glitches?

If there is a rising or falling edge interrupt which is enabled, will the glitch filter, filter out it and we won't get any interrupts on rising and falling edges?

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Vignesh balaji,

Did you checked the reference manual, PORT_IOFLT0 and PORT_IOFLT1 register which I have shown you in the last reply?

Please read the reference manual carefully at first, thank you!

From the register description, take PTA as an example, you will get the min time is BUSCLK, the max time is BUSCLK/4096.

Wish it helps you!

vigneshbalaji
Senior Contributor I

Hi Kerry Zhou,

According to your reply, If the min time is Bus clock say example 24 Mhz.

Then min time would be 1/24 Mhz = 41.6 ns.

Max time is BUSCLK/4096 = 41.6 ns / 4096 = 10.15 ps, which is lower than min time.

And in Datasheet it is been given that Glitch filtering time is 2 * selected time, say 2 * BUSCLK time(based on down-up-down or up-down-up counting) but you are saying that it is max BUSCLK freq only.

Since there is very little information provided on datasheet, Can you please help me in understaing it and in calculations of min and max time?

0 Kudos