I2C in KEA128

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C in KEA128

vignesh_vb_7
Contributor IV

Hi I am working on I2C in KEA128.I am trying on it.I searched on web there are no samplecodes.Can anyone help me in finding some sample codes for I2C in KEA12

8 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello vignesh,

Which IDE do you use ? If you use KDS, there have I2C demo code on "Help on component " :

pastedImage_0.png

Wish it helps

Alice

0 Kudos

vignesh_vb_7
Contributor IV

Hi Alice,

I am using a code warrior IDE.I don't have examples of I2C in it.Can you

please help me in finding it for KEA128

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 8:06 AM, Alice_Yang <admin@community.freescale.com>

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello balaji,

In CodeWarrior,  it also have the demo , when you create project ,please select "Process  Expert" , then add "I2C_LDD" component :

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_0.png

Have a great day,

Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vignesh_vb_7
Contributor IV

Hi  Alice,

I tried processor Expert to generate code  and modified it to work with KEA-128 as master and MMA8451Q as slave.I tried to read (WHO_AM_I) register in it.But my data is not getting pushed to the data register so the code is hanging in the transfer flag section.

Can you share me the code if you have done similar kind of things either in processor expert or as a bareboard projecct.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ,

(1) First please be sure the correct of the connect of your hardware , for i have not the MMA8451Q chip , so i can not test,

while i recommend you can use the function " CI2C1_SelectSlaveDevice()" of PE to check whether the slave "MMA8451Q" is ok on I2C bus.

pastedImage_0.png

(2) The attachment is the KE serials chips driver and demo , there is I2C about bare board , you can check .

(3) About the MMA8451Q applicaiton , you can refer to :

http://cache.freescale.com/files/sensors/doc/app_note/AN4068.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=7&pageNum=1

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

vignesh_vb_7
Contributor IV

Thank you Alice,

The problem was with reading and we got that fixed.Can you send us a driver

for SPI of KEA-128

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 5:34 PM, Alice_Yang <admin@community.freescale.com>

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ,

The driver i have send you last time includes the  SPI driver , you can fund :

EA_Driver_Lib_V1.zip\KEA_Driver_Lib_V1\Sources\drivers\spi

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice

vigneshbalaji
Senior Contributor I

Hi Alice,

Can you give me a small example code of how to write to a I2C slave's register from a master with respect to ISL29023( ALS sensor) as slave and KEA-128 as master.

0 Kudos