I want to download an old version of Freemaster

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to download an old version of Freemaster

philipstone
Contributor I

I am using Freemaster to monitor variables at 8kHz on the MKV58F1M0VLQ24 MCU.  I am using Kinetis Design Studio V3.2.0 with Processor Expert.  I am having an issue in which my application is getting randomly corrupted indicated by seemingly random variables being set to extremely high (e+37) or low (e-37) values and typically the system trips. 

The issue only happens when I have Freemaster connected.  I have narrowed it down to a single line of code in which I declare a variable as "volatile".  I use the volatile declaration in this case because the variable is a constant threshold and I just want the compiler to make it accessible to Freemaster so that I can manually adjust it via Freemaster without having to recompile the code. 

If I remove the "volatile" in the declaration, the corruption issue goes away, but I can no longer use Freemaster to control the variable because the compiler removes the variable as it is just used as a constant. This is not the only place in which I use a volatile variable in a logical comparison, so it makes no sense that this one would cause a problem.

Looking through Processor Expert I see that the Freemaster Component Inspector asks to select the version of Freemaster being used, but the only options are 1.6 and 1.9.  I am using 2.0.5.1.  I would like to try using 1.6 or 1.9 to see if the issue goes away.   Does anyone know where I can get it?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

miduo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I recommend you may try to use 2.0.7 to see if problem still exist or not. Download here:

FreeMASTER Run-Time Debugging Tool|NXP 

0 Kudos