I recently purchase HVP-KV46F150M demo kit and also found code for sensorless vector control of PMSM motor. But, it does not have MCAT file associated with it. Means i only can see the freemaster file. Please attach the MCAT tool file for tuning the contr

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I recently purchase HVP-KV46F150M demo kit and also found code for sensorless vector control of PMSM motor. But, it does not have MCAT file associated with it. Means i only can see the freemaster file. Please attach the MCAT tool file for tuning the contr

sandeepn
Contributor II

I recently purchase HVP-KV46F150M demo kit and also found code for sensorless vector control of PMSM motor. But, it does not have MCAT file associated with it. Means i only can see the freemaster file. Please attach the MCAT tool file for tuning the controller for PMSM motor using field oriented control structure.

Labels (1)
29 Replies

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi sandeep,

No, there is no problem with your MCAT.

If you want to set DCB Voltage Filtered on value 20V, please use LV3PH to TWR. Because HVP works from 30V.

Untitled1.jpg

HVP is designed for usage from 110VDC.

I hope this helps.

In case of any issue, please let us know.

Best Regards,
Iva

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ozgungunay
Contributor II
  • The example source files are in separate pages.
  • There is no enough guides for describing the usage of system. Only one quick start guide exists and not explained carefully. There are a lot of confusing issues!
  • You can not get support from nxp.

Result : Do not buy NXP kits for education and learning purpose. If you know this systems you do not buy these systems already!

0 Kudos

sandeepn
Contributor II

HVP-KV46F150M series software file for sensorless PMSM motor control supplied from nxp on their website is not containing the MCAT tool file. I can only find freemaster file. if i use other like HVP-KV46F256M series MCAT tool file, it is showing no symbol found. please attach the MCAT tool file for HCP-KV46F150M  board.

0 Kudos

ozgungunay
Contributor II

Every time pressed Current Loop tab, I get warning even the values are exist in m1_pmsm_appconfig.h.

After pressing OK the values set in text boxes. But I can not send them to Target. ProbablyUpdate Target button is not working!

How can I solve this?

current_loop1.JPG

current_loop2.JPG

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ozgun,

please, could you send the screenshot with the parameters?

It looks that Rs and Ld, Lq are measured wrongly. The engine should have very low time constant (L/R). Method that MCAT calculates parameters of regulator would return negative values if you would select lower value than 1041 (this is the reason of the message).

If does your engine have low time constant, you should select higher values with PWM (the same for frequency calculating FOC), for example from 10kHz -> 20kHz).

Also depends, what KV family do you use. For KV10 is 20kHz is too high.

From your second print screen is not see that the update does not work.

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos

ozgungunay
Contributor II

I have HVP-MC3PH and try to tune/control motor with " AN4912 Tuning 3-Phase PMSM Sensorless control application using MCAT Tool.pdf" file.

I entered the motor parameters and created m1_pmsm_appconfig.h file. Then compiled the "pmsm_ref_sol" application with new header file in IAR Workbench and pressed Project > Download > Download Active Application button from IAR.

Then, I started the Freemaster project pmsm_ref_sol_iar and reload the symbol file. The connection established.

Untitled1.jpg

When Switched on from gui the freemaster frezes, probably disconnects from board.

I repeat this switching on with 8 possible motor phase connections and without motor connected.

What do you recommend?

@pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos

ozgungunay
Contributor II

Recommended link has codes for KV46F16 but the kit comes with KV46F15. Where can I find KV46F15 codes and How can I replace them?

0 Kudos

santiago_gonzal
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

KV46F15 and KV46F16 are the same chip. The F15 is the PK silicon (pre-qualified) and the F16 is the final silicon.

The chip is able to run up to 168 MHz, instead of the 150 MHz that were planned at the beginning, that's why the Part Number has changed, but the device and the examples are fully compatible between both.

Regards,

Santiago

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi sandeep N

Please, go to 3-Phase PMSM Motor Control Reference Design|NXP and download

Software for 3-Phase Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor (PMSM) Motor Control

and you will find here all needed files also HVP-KV46F150M including MCAT:

MCAT_.png

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,