I have a FRDM K64F board and I want to use a camera module. Does K64F support any camera module ? Which one?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a FRDM K64F board and I want to use a camera module. Does K64F support any camera module ? Which one?

rishikeshbagwe
Contributor I

Cameras modules expect higher power to drive them. That's why I am confused whether K64F support any camera module. I tried to find one but couldn't.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
3 Replies

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,Rishikesh,

I think it is okay to connect the Camera to FRDM-K64F. As you know that the camera generally has the following signals:

Vsyn,Href,PCLK, data bus, you can use GPIO to get the camera data, this is the connection:

Vsyn: connect the pin to one GPIO

PCLK: connect the pin to one GPIO

Data Bus: connect the pins to multiple GPIO pins in one port.

Href: no connection

You can set the GPIO connected to PCLK pin in DMA mode with rising edge triggering, in other words, the rising edge of GPIO will trigger one DMA transfer, you can set the DMA source address to the GPIO input register address, so DMA can read the GPIO port input logic to destination address automatically.

You can use GPIO connected to Vsyn to detect the Vsyn logic, when it is high, start DMA. For low size camera for example 320*240, the solution is okay.

You can connect the camera to a FIFO device so taht the CSI can write the FIFO automatically, you can use K64 to read the FIFO via FlexBUS, it is another solution.

Hope it can help you

BR

Xiangjun Rong

0 Kudos

balajiv
Contributor II

Can we use the data obtained here for image processing(for e.g traffic symbols )

Thank you sir

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Balaji

Of course, you can do image processing for the received data.

BR

Xiangjun rong

0 Kudos