I am trying to update bootloader in TWR K21 F120 MA tower board....I am using kinetis flash tool for that....but i couldn't able to connect with it......what is the problem....

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to update bootloader in TWR K21 F120 MA tower board....I am using kinetis flash tool for that....but i couldn't able to connect with it......what is the problem....

shinodak
Contributor II

hi all

Tags (1)
5 Replies

shinodak
Contributor II

Hi Kerry Zhou,

Thanks for your reply.

We have not written bootloader code but trying to work on “NXP_Kinetis_Bootloader_2_0_0” downloaded from below link:

http://www.nxp.com/applications/solutions-for-the-iot-and-adas/smart-connected-solutions-for-the-iot...

To start with we were trying to follow the steps mentioned in “Getting Started with the Kinetis Flashloader.pdf (Document Number: KFLLDRUG)", but we were not able to establish connection with K21 board.

Recently we have found that K21 series is not in the list of supported devices for Kinetis Bootloader.

Can we port NXP_Kinetis_Bootloader_2_0_0 to K21 series?

Thanks and Regards,

Shinod A K

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Shinod A K,

Yes, the KBOOT2.0 don't directly have the K21 120M code.

But you can refer to Kboot2.0 chapter 10, and chapter 11 to port it to your K21 board:

http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/reference-manuals/KBTLDR200RM.pdf?&fpsp=1&WT_TYPE=Refere... 

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

shinodak
Contributor II

Hi Kerry Zhou,

Thanks for your reply. Its really helpful for me.

Have a great day,

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Shinod Ak,

You are welcome!

If your problem is solved, please  mark the correct answer to close this question.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi shinod AK,

Do you want to download the bootloader code to the chip? Or your chip already have the bootloader code, and you want to download the application code with bootloader?

As you know, the MK21FN1M0AVMC12 don't have the ROM bootloader, so if you want to download the bootloader code to the chip, you need to use the debugger to download it.

If you already download the flash bootloader in K21chip? Where did you get the flash bootloader code for K21, did you write it by yourself?

Please give me more details.

Have a great day,
Kerry