cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use USB0_DP and USB0_DM as UART in K22FN512VLH12 MCU

vishalgirisagar
Contributor II

Hi Everyone,

I am using K22FN512VLH12 MCU in our upcoming product. For debugging purposes, I was using UART TX and RX pins till now and I was using external USB to UART converter to connect to my Laptop/PC and look at the debug logs. I am thinking why cant I use USB0_DB and USB0_DM pins for comm pins between my laptop and MCU. I saw the same thing in Teensy3.1 schematics. but I am unsure about how to use it. Can someone please provide me guidelines on this. It will be of great help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vishal,,

Communication Device Class can make the USB emulates the UART interface well, and you can learn detail inforamtion about the Communication Device class at the www.usb.org.

KINETIS-SDK contains CDC demo for K22 and please go for download through the link as below.

Software Development Kit for Kinetis MCUs|Freescale
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos