cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use OPEN SDA on FRDM-KL05Z or FRDM-KL25 to debug external KL02 MCU

kakachen
Contributor I

Hello,

I have a FRDM-KL02Z and do some modified to it, then it can debug and KL02 MCU on my designed PCB.  I also have a FRDM-KL05Z  and a FRDM-KL25 board with same modified.  I want to use these two FRDM board to debug and program KL02 MCU , but it is fail.  the CW V10.4 shows can not find target MCU. image as following.

debug.jpg

Do you think it possible to use FRDM-KL05Z  and a FRDM-KL25 board to debug and program KL02 MCU?

Is there a simple ISP tool and  engineering software to program KL02 MCU?

Thanks.

Kaka.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos

kakachen
Contributor I

Hello Jun,

Thanks for your reply.

As my mentioned , i can use  FRDM-KL02Z SWD port J1 to debug and program MKL02Z8VFG4 on my designed board. The FRDM-KL02Z board is cut wire same as https://community.freescale.com/message/325654#325654  said. but i only have one FRDM-KL02Z board. and i have one FRDM-KL05Z and one FRDM-KL25z board too. so i modified it accordingly ,not same way ,but same solution. These 2 FRDM boards can not used for KL02 MCU debug and program. I also read a note: http://mcuoneclipse.com/2013/04/21/using-the-freedom-board-as-jtag-programmer/  , it said the author also can not make the FRDM-KL25z to program FRDM-KL05Z successful.  Even that, i want to double check: Do you think it possible to use FRDM-KL05Z  and a FRDM-KL25 board to debug and program KL02 MCU?

Is there a simple ISP tool and  engineering software to program KL02 MCU?

Kaka

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kaka,

I have no KL02, so I cannot say for sure if this works.

You can use the P&E OpenSDA MSD programmer to *program* another board (need the correct MSD), but not to debug.

If you need debug, you need a different OpenSDA firmware (USBDM, Segger or CodeRed).

See

- Debug External Processors with USBDM and Freedom Board | MCU on Eclipse

- Debugging FRDM-KL05Z with USBDM | MCU on Eclipse

- USBDM 4.10.5 supports now MCU10.4 | MCU on Eclipse

- Red Suite 5: Eclipse Juno, Processor Expert and unlimited FRDM-KL25Z | MCU on Eclipse

- Freedom Board with Segger OpenSDA Debug Firmware | MCU on Eclipse

Hope this helps

0 Kudos

kakachen
Contributor I

Hello Erich,

Thanks. i need study them. it should be can get a quick and simple ISP way to program KL02. At current , i will ask for 1 more FRDM-KL02Z board for project development.

0 Kudos