How to update the KL25 Bootloader firmware file and send the binary using serial.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update the KL25 Bootloader firmware file and send the binary using serial.

pavantmt
Contributor I

I am having a KL25 board and i updated the MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-KL25Z_Pemicro_v118.SDA boot loader firmware. Now i alter KL25 Boot Loader example in which i want to accept the application code from serial.

My question is :-

1) How to update the KL25 Bootloader code to the device

2) can i directly connect switch across PTB8 and 3.3 VCC.

3) what is the timeout between power on button pressing to switch form Bootloader Mode or Application Mode after loading KL25 Bootloader example 

4) How i want to send the file through serial.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Pavan tmt,

If you want to use the KL25 bootloader function, I think you can refer to our KBOOT2.0 for FRDM-KL25 code directly.

And in the KBOOT2.0, there still have a lot of documents will help you to understand.

Kboot2.0 can be downloaded from this link:

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=NXP_KINETIS_BOOTLOADER_2_0_0&appType=license&Parent_node... 

You can find the doc from folder:NXP_Kinetis_Bootloader_2_0_0\doc

You can find the KL25 bootloader code from folder: NXP_Kinetis_Bootloader_2_0_0\targets\MKL25Z4

I think you can read the KBOOT2.0 document and sample code at first, then you will understand your questions.

Now, answer your question:

1) How to update the KL25 Bootloader code to the device

As you know, kL25 don't have the ROM bootloader ,so it needs to use the flash bootloader which is just a piece of code.

You can download the code to  the KL25 chip with the debugger and associate with the IDE project.

You also can generate the .bin file, and copy it to your KL25 MSD.

2) can i directly connect switch across PTB8 and 3.3 VCC.

PTB8 is the GPIO, so you can connect it to the 3.3V, it is the high level input.

3) what is the timeout between power on button pressing to switch form Bootloader Mode or Application Mode after loading KL25 Bootloader example 

You can find it from the kboot bootloade sample code, it is defined as 5s.

4) How i want to send the file through serial.

You can use the KinetisFlashTool, you can find it from kboot2.0 folder: NXP_Kinetis_Bootloader_2_0_0\bin\Tools\KinetisFlashTool\win

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please let me know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos