cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reduce power consumption of K22

yklee1
Contributor II

Dear All,

I met the problem with power consumption when using K22 during running state.

When I compare it with compititor's test result K22's current consumption is almost triple.

So I am trying to find any way to reduce it dramatically.

I already tried using internal clock as 9xMHz and could reduce several mAs.

But frankly it is not enough.

So please share any idea can reduce K22's power consumption during operation(@HS running mode).

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
4 Replies

chris_brown
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi YK,

Can you give us a quick outline of your application?  This would go a long way to being able to make quality recommendations.  The more detail you can give us the better.

Regards,

Chris

0 Kudos

chadwilliams
Contributor III

The SMC drivers allow Kinetis SDK projects to go into low power modes, take a look at the SMC_SetPowerMode<mode> API, there are Selectable wakeup sources.

See the power mode examples in your KSDK tree for details:

−\boards\<board_name>\demo_apps\power_manager

−\boards\<board_name>\demo_apps\power_mode_switch

Using another type of MCU I have developed several low power devices running on 1/2 AA  batteries , however not on Kinetis (yet).

I would approach it based on similar principles where the software regularly switches between the Low Power modes when interrupted by a timer or other interrupt source. Implementing software this way requires some forethought on design.

rastislav_pavlanin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lee,

my suggestion is to disable clock for unused peripherals. In your case dynamic consumption should be reduced. It means the consumption is increased with increased number of gates (on chip) which are switching. If possible disable clock gate in SIM module for the peipherals not used in HS mode.

regards

R.

0 Kudos

miduo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You may also disable the debug interface & clock to reduce the power.