How to preserve memory for IMXRT1064 processor in MCUXpresso IDE?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to preserve memory for IMXRT1064 processor in MCUXpresso IDE?

vikram_tathe
Contributor II

Hello,
I am using IMX RT1064, MCUXpresso IDE and PE Micro debugger. I am developing a Firmware Update feature into my project. So, I have two application binaries; one is bootloader binary and another is application binary.

Bootloader @ 0x70000000

Application @ 0x70008000

I want to flash the application binary at the address and debug the bootloader. While debugging the bootloader, I do not want to mass erase the flash. To achieve this, I have preserved the application memory in the bootloader debug configuration setting (Shown below) but it gets erased when I debug the bootloader.

Are there any additional configurations that I am missing while debugging the bootloader?

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Vikram Tathe,

To the RT questions, next time, you can create the question post directly in this area:

i.MX RT 

Now, talk about your questions:

1. bootloader code

Bootloader @ 0x70000000

Please note, from 0X70000000 to 0X70002000, you need to put the Flash device configuration block, IVT, BD, DCD data,  then from 0X70002000, you can put your own bootloader function code.

2.  You said your Application @ 0x70008000, and don't want to erase it before download the code.

In your preserve range, can you try the address with from 0X70008000, to 0X70008000+-0x3fffff?

After you test it, please share your result with me, thank you!
Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos