How to get FRDM-KL05 board to work with windows 10?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get FRDM-KL05 board to work with windows 10?

mg2019
Contributor I

I just received a FRDM-KL05 board.  plugged into a windows 10 pc.  It is briefly recognized, i can see FRDM-KL05Z then get error that USB device is not recognized.  Never see the Open SDA.  I have downloaded PEDrivers_install.exe and ran it.  I have also turned off the windows 10  library search.  Any suggestions on how to use this board with windows 10?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Could you share a little bit more what you see? for example what is the Device manager saying about it?

Does it show up as bootloader device or not?

Other than that, you might have a look at  Recovering OpenSDA Boards with Windows 10 | MCU on Eclipse  if this helps in your situation.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

shawn
Contributor I

Hi Erich,

Looks like the OP has not responded but I'm having this same problem.  I also have a FREEDOM-KL02Z board which I've been able to use your guides to update the bootloader and load the Segger application, so I think everything else in my Win10 setup looks OK (all the Win10 services workarounds).  With the firmware loaded in the FREEDOM-KL05Z from the factory, the board appears as "USB Drive D" (on the FREEDOM-KL02Z this drive appeared as "BOOTLOADER") for a few seconds after plugging it in but then disappears.  A few seconds after that I get the "USB Device not recognized" Windows error.  Holding reset while plugging the board in to enter MSD mode seems to have no effect.  The SDA LED is solid green.

BTW, thanks for everything you do.  You've saved me many times from hours of frustration.

Shawn

Annotation 2019-09-15 101404.png

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Shawn,

So your KL02Z shows up with "BOOTLOADER" and then as "unrecoginized", right?

It seems to me that somehow it enters bootloader mode and then even this fails. 'Device Descriptor Request failed' means that the host PC started communicating with the board, but then the board did not respond.

I have not seen something like this (yet). I assume you already tried with a different USB cable and USB port?

Other than that I think your K20 on the board might be damaged (ESD maybe?).

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

shawn
Contributor I

Yeah, I was afraid it might be bad hardware.  Luckily I had a good board to prove out the USB port and cable, so I didn't spend too much time chasing my tail.  Thanks again for the help.

Shawn

0 Kudos