How to fix K64F is secured debug error?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix K64F is secured debug error?

m_lee23
Contributor I

I am trying to run the hello world world example in the K64F SDK built on mcuxpresso.nxp.com. However I cannot run the program as my device is secured. I have tried to search how to unsecure or mass erase the K64F but I have found nothing. 

As others have noted, the documentation for working with Kinetis is not particularly clear, there is very little to get you up to speed with the 3.2.0 version of Design Studio using the 2.x SDK and the pin/clock configurations on mcuxpresso.nxp.com.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marcus,

I hope the 'mass erase disable' bit is not set in combination with the securit bit, otherwise really your part is bricked (see How (not) to Secure my Microcontroller  ). The the debugger (P&E, Segger) (both with OpenSDA) should be able to perform a mass erase and bring your device back.

Otherwise I have used the Segger J-Link commands to  recover devices, see Unlocking and Erasing FLASH with Segger J-Link

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

m_lee23
Contributor I

So I need an external debugger to perform a mass erase? I can't use the onboard debugging chip?

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can use the onboard OpenSDA for this too.

0 Kudos

m_lee23
Contributor I

I am having a look through that link. It seems they are using code warrior with processor expert. I am using KDS 3.2.0 with 2.x sdk and processor expert doesn't work (as far as I can see) with that set up. So I cannot figure out how to check or set the bits.  

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

You can check the Flash Security Byte is at address 0x40C from binary file.

Please refer the method "Creating Binary Files with GNU ARM Eclipse Plugins" in "Binary (and S19) Files for the mbed Bootloader with Eclipse and GNU ARM Eclipse Plugins" to generate the binary file in KDS3.2 with KSDK2.0.

Best Regards,

Robin

0 Kudos