How to draw 5V from TWRK64F120M Elevator Connector?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to draw 5V from TWRK64F120M Elevator Connector?

broccolee
Contributor III

Hi,

How do I draw 5v from the elevator connector pins A1 and B1? They're always under voltage, around 4.4V...

Here are my specs:

- TWR-K64F-120M

- MK64FN1M0VMD12 chip

- KDS 3.2 IDE

MQX 4.2

- OPENSDA USB

Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

broccolee
Contributor III

This shows that it is impossible to draw 5v from pins A1 and B1.

With the external connections, I am also only getting around 4.7 - 4.8v. By the time I have connected an IMU, the IMU is reading below 4.7v, which is just below operating range.

Oh well, thanks anyway, Hui Ma.

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The NXP tower system power could from MCU Module or Tower Elevator:

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

More detailed info, please check AN4390.

The TWR-ELEV PRIMARY board schematics could get from here.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

broccolee
Contributor III

Hi Hui Ma,

Thanks for your response.

Again, my question was:

How do I draw 5v from the elevator connector pins A1 and B1? They're always under voltage, around 4.4V.

If you could demonstrate that on the actual hardware, that would be great. For example, if you could show me the changes you made to the hardware or in the software, along with a screenshot from an oscilloscope or a multimeter reading a 5v when probing pin A1 or B1, that would answer my question.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I do a test at TWR-ELEV PRIMARY board:

Test 1: 5V power from external DC power supply:

pastedImage_1.png

Test 2: 5V power from USB port:

pastedImage_2.png

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

broccolee
Contributor III

Thank you, Hui Ma, I really appreciate you doing that.

But, what I meant was, how do I get 5v from A1 and B1 from this configuration or can it be done:DSC02023.JPG

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Please check my comment below(based on TWR-K64F120M board schematics):

pastedImage_1.png

Below is the MSS1P3L parameter:

pastedImage_2.png
Have a great day,
Ma Hui

0 Kudos