cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to determine CPU frequency?

Jump to solution
cfgmgr
Contributor III

Due to CPU availability problems, we are considering using 120MHz K60 MCUs instead of the 150MHz K60 MCUs that we currently use.

How can I tell (at run time) which version of MCU (120MHz, or 150MHz) I have?   The SIM_SDID register tells me the product family (e.g. K60, K61, etc.) and the pin count (e.g. 144 pins),  but how can I determine if I have a 120MHz or a 150MHz part?

Many thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @cfgmgr ,

It seems you can't distinguish the two part by software. REVID in SDID mark silicon reversion number. But these two part share same silicon. And there isn't other field or register are different.

Regards,

Jing

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @cfgmgr ,

It seems you can't distinguish the two part by software. REVID in SDID mark silicon reversion number. But these two part share same silicon. And there isn't other field or register are different.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos
cfgmgr
Contributor III

Thanks for the quick reply.

It's a pity that you can't query the max frequency of the MCU.    It seems then, that for a single code base to run on both processors, it would have to be coded for the lowest speed MCU (e.g. 120MHz).

Maybe this would be a good feature to add for future revisions of Kinetis MCUs?

Thanks again 

0 Kudos
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @cfgmgr ,

K60 is an old product. I'm afraid there will not have new revision. But I believe other Kinetis device should not have such issue.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos