cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Flash KEA128 with PE generated projects

sheng_zhang01
Contributor I

Hi all:

New with the TRE-KEA128 board, I'm using the IDE along with the development kit, that is CW10.5.

I was able to program easily with the help of processor expert. And also those projects can be run under debug mode.

But when I tried to flash the .elf file into KEA128, it can successfully flash into flash, it failed to run the code I just burned. Are there any settings I need to know about?   

I was able to flash those demo projects which are not developed under the PE framework. So I'm writing to ask how to set and flash Kea128 with PE generated projects.

Please help.

Best Regards,

Sheng Zhang

Tags (1)
12 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sheng Zhang,

Maybe the community block your attached code, and it need time to permit it.

So, to save your time, I help you create a simple CW PE project, the function is blinking the on board D3 LED.

I have tested it on my side, both the debug and download can work.

After you download the code, press the reset button will run the code.

Please try my project on your side.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

zhangsheng
Contributor II

Hey Kerry,

with your help I found out that in the section of I/O support I chose the debugger console which caused this issue.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sheng Zhang,

That's very good to hear you already find the root problem on your side.

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.

If your question is solved, please help me to mark the correct answer, just to close this post.

Thank you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

zhangsheng
Contributor II

Hi Kerry:

Thank you for your timely reply and support, not sure how to mark the answer though.

Can you show me how?

Best regards,

Sheng Zhang

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sheng Zhang,

You can find the correct answer in the reply post right corner.

pastedImage_1.png

Kerry

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sheng Zhang,

1. When you use the CW PE project download the code in the debug mode,

Whether the function works OK or not?

2. You said flash the .elf file into KEA128, it can successfully flash into flash, it failed to run the code I just burned.

Whether this code function can work in debug mode?

How you flash.elf to KEA128 without the IDE?

3. What the debugger you are using? JLINK or opensda?

4. If without the PE it works, just the PE project can't work, I think it still your software PE code problem.

You can tell me more details, what the PE component you are using, what the function you want to realize?

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos

zhangsheng
Contributor II

Sorry I have no idea how to upload the project.  LDDs in use:

pastedImage_1.png

CPU setting:

pastedImage_2.png

Timer setting:

pastedImage_3.png

PGIO setting:

pastedImage_4.png

FLASH Setting:

pastedImage_5.png

pastedImage_6.png

After rebooting the system the led will not flash while it can flash in debug mode. so does my complex project.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sheng Zhang,

Thank you for your trust.

Please attach your project which can work at debug mode, but can't work after download to the flash.

About attach the CW project, please zip it.

Then reply me with "use advanced editor", then you will find the Attach button.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

After I get your project, I will help you to test it on my side.

Have a great day,
Kerry

zhangsheng
Contributor II

The board status after flash is just like no program is running at all, no flashing light.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sheng Zhang,

Do you test my project directly on TRK-KEA128 board?

It works OK on my side.

If you still have question about it, please let me know the details.

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos

zhangsheng
Contributor II

Hi Kerry:

Thanks for your prompt reply, Attached is a simple "blink a led" which can run in debug mode but failed after flashing on my side.

The IDE is installed with official DVD, also I've already patched those supporting files.

pastedImage_1.png

The board is SCH-28200 REV D with openSDA module.

S/N: AX171320899 

Best regards,

Sheng

0 Kudos

zhangsheng
Contributor II

Thanks for your timely reply.

1. When you use the CW PE project download the code in the debug mode,

Whether the function works OK or not?

When in debug mode everything is working perfectly. My original project which is totally developed under PE is quite complex, but it works well in debug mode. When I was just about to flash it, I came across with this issue.

Instead of the original project, I attached a very simple project which toggle the led every 5 seconds.

The original project and this one can both work in debug mode.

2.How you flash.elf to KEA128 without the IDE?

I was using the flash programmer in  CW10.5, flash file to target -> erase and flash. This is the flash log.

pastedImage_7.png

What the debugger you are using? JLINK or opensda?

I bought this evaluation kit from Freescale. so the TRE-KEA128 is using OpenSDA, and the IDE is cw10.5 in the CD together with the kit.

BTW, in the CD with TRE-KEA128 there are 4 examples, with can debug and flash with the IDE, so I think the IDE is okay, the other thing is  they are not PE projects, So I think maybe I miss something is the PE setting, however still fail to find something related in the Help doc of CW or anywhere else. 

It took me 2 days on this issue, you are my only hope. If can't fix that, I have no choice but re-write the whole complex project without the PE framework. 

0 Kudos