How can I send a message from an external network node to a Thread network node ansd vice-versa?

取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

How can I send a message from an external network node to a Thread network node ansd vice-versa?

596 次查看
MAPC
Senior Contributor I

Hello,

If I want to send a message from an external network node to a Thread network node and vice-versa, how can I do it?

I took a look at the item 11.2.4 in "Kinetis Thread Stack Demo Applications User's Guide", and the example is quite similar to the scenario in my application, but in my case Node A, which is the non-Thread node, is not physically connected to the router.

Actually, the Node A in my case would be a smartphone connected to a Wi-Fi network, from anywhere, running an application that sends commands or reads data to/from a Thread network node.

In this case, is the communication between the nodes straight-forward or is it necessary to implement any adjustment or use a service?

Could anybody give me some light on it please?

Regards,

Marco Coelho

DFAE - Siletec Eletronica

标签 (1)
0 项奖励
1 回复

467 次查看
estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

If you are using Thread, in theory, there must be a global IPv6 provided by the ISP, in case you only have private IPs you will need to make a NAT from the router to the Thread network somehow and achieve to point to a router’s port. 

The router election it’s up to the customer’s choice, we do not recommend a specific manufacturer, but you need to consider the following post and it needs to be clear for you and your customer that in order to be able to use a border router with Thread and want it to be available from outside the network you will need a router with DHCP with Prefix Delegation (DHCPv6-PD)

Regards, 

Estephania

0 项奖励