How can I connect the DEVKIT-ZVL128 to Freemaster?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I connect the DEVKIT-ZVL128 to Freemaster?

Jump to solution
efrain_castro
Contributor II

When i open the .pmp program that opens Freemaster and then i press the GO! icon a window appears telling me that the DEVKIT-ZVL128 is not connected then i press the Use Wizard so i can configure the connection, i choose the 

Use direct connection to on-board USB port then when choosing baud rate i choose 9600 and 115200 so it can connect but another windows appears saying No board detected on any specified UART communication ports even though i have the board connected and it appears on the Probing UART Ports.pastedImage_7.jpg

1 Solution
dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I assume that your board is connected through the OSBDM or BDM interface.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Go to menu Tools -> Connection Wizard -> Next 

2. Choose the "Connect through a debugger probe or on-board debugger interface" -> Next -> Next

pastedImage_2.png

3. Click on the Plug-in Configuration

4. Select " P&E OSBDM" or "P&E HCS12Z" (it depends which interface you use), after that you can Test Connection -> Ok -> Ok -> Finish

After that, it should be connected.

I hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Diana

View solution in original post

3 Replies
dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I assume that your board is connected through the OSBDM or BDM interface.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Go to menu Tools -> Connection Wizard -> Next 

2. Choose the "Connect through a debugger probe or on-board debugger interface" -> Next -> Next

pastedImage_2.png

3. Click on the Plug-in Configuration

4. Select " P&E OSBDM" or "P&E HCS12Z" (it depends which interface you use), after that you can Test Connection -> Ok -> Ok -> Finish

After that, it should be connected.

I hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Diana

efrain_castro
Contributor II

Thanks a lot, it works with the P&E HCS12Z configuration but i seem to run into another problem, because I'm using the devkit-zvl128 connected to a TouchPAD i want to measure the touch with freemaster, the problem is that freemaster can't detect the touch even tought the program I'm using turns on a LED when i touch one of the electrodes of the PAD and the freemaster program has the electrodes variables so the measure should appear but  it doesn't. What can i do.

0 Kudos
efrain_castro
Contributor II

Forget it i used a P&E micro multilink universal for  the measure thanks you because the configuration is the same.

0 Kudos