Hi I am using your new Processor MK27FN2MOVMI15. the pitch is 0.65 . I want to know what is the smallest Via size Pad and Hole size that I can use, for production of these Boards. We want to mechanically Drill, as this keeps the board cost down.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi I am using your new Processor MK27FN2MOVMI15. the pitch is 0.65 . I want to know what is the smallest Via size Pad and Hole size that I can use, for production of these Boards. We want to mechanically Drill, as this keeps the board cost down.

lesliehooker
Contributor I

pastedImage_3.pngpastedImage_2.pngpastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

There is an application note AN4982 about MAPBGA package.

More detailed info please check here.

For pitches at or below 0.65 mm, the solderable diameter is generally larger than one-half pitch in diameter:

pastedImage_1.png

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

lesliehooker
Contributor I

Thanks but my question is do I have to go Micro-via.  or can i have a via in the channel to escape tracks out. Much appreciated.

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Sorry for the later reply.

Please refer the FRDM-K28F board PCB design files from below link:

FRDM-K28F - Printed Circuit Board bill of Materials and Design Files

FRDM-K28F|Development Board|Kinetis K27/K28|NXP 

There provides the MK28FN2M0VML15 chip BGA fan-out reference design.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Mike

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

lesliehooker
Contributor I

That's Great, thank you very much for all your help, take care.

0 Kudos