Hello I am new to Kinetis MCUs, I am trying to bring up a custom board with K60DN512ZVLQ10 on it, using MQX (144 pin package. ReferenceManual: K60144M100SF2V2RM).

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello I am new to Kinetis MCUs, I am trying to bring up a custom board with K60DN512ZVLQ10 on it, using MQX (144 pin package. ReferenceManual: K60144M100SF2V2RM).

Jump to solution
chandrasekarkan
Contributor III

I use Pe-Multilink Universal Debugger. Aim is to start ethernet M2 interface and establish communication on our prv-ntwk. Any help?........ Thanks in advance :smileyhappy: How Can I start a bareboard project to bring it up.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
chandrasekarkan
Contributor III

Hello Mua

With FNET now I am able to bring the Ethernet Up. Giving me the FNET link was a great help.

In K60 : for MII interface, Additionally Port-A pins 5, 9, 10, 11, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 and 29 are have to be set to Alternate functionality 4, PTA->PCR[] |= 0x00000400;

and One more change is that PHY module which i use is KS8721BLI that has PHY_ADDR as 1. And it started to work alright. I am able to ping the board's IP.

Thanks once again!

Regarding MQX: I think I need to strip down the other peripherals and try it on the custom board to bring it up.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello , Kanniappan:

Thank you for contacting us.

In regards of your request,  First you need to install Freescale MQX 4 and CodeWarrior 10 on your computer, You can get some documents on the INSTALL_DIR/doc, for example Getting Started with Freescale MQX RTOS, ...... There are also some  sample MQX Projecgts . About the bareboard project, there are some MQX Wizards help you. Since this is a very big question, you can post your questions when you start to do it.

Hope this helps

Best regards

Daniel Chen

0 Kudos
chandrasekarkan
Contributor III

Hi Chen,

Thank you for the reply.. Yes I have Freescale MQX 4 and CodeWarrior 10 installed on my computer.

Also I have a Twr K60 board, I am able to bring a basic ethernet up on that board from one of the demo projects.

Since its BSP has RM-II configured, there was not much needed to bring it up.

I have a BASIC Doubt:

Twr board has PK60DN512VMD10(100 pin) MCU on it and our custom board has MK60DN512ZVLQ10(144 pin) MCU on it.

Is there any basic difference in terms of Register Address (or) Startup codes.

Because, in order to see MQX kernel running on the custom board, i flashed a GPIO toggle code from MQX, ( one pin which is in common with twr and the custom board)

I could not see any activity in the board.

Thank you

0 Kudos
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

They are different versions, one is Rev1.x, the other is Rev2.x. There is a document list the difference between them

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN4445.pdf?fsrch=1&sr=1

wish it helps

0 Kudos
chandrasekarkan
Contributor III

Hello Chen

Surely I will go through that document you have provided.

By the way, I have got the Ethernet Up in our custom board with FNET, I just initialised other MII interface pins, and our PHY transceiver is different but of the same family to that in Tower

board , so i changed Phy_Addr to 1.

And straight away it worked fine...

thanks again

0 Kudos
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI,

You can download the Kinetis 100MHz example codes from below link, which includes FreeRTOS Ethernet application.

KINETIS512_V2_SC : Kinetis 100MHz Rev 2 Example Projects.

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=K60_100&nodeId=01624698C9DE2DDDAF&fps...

And I also recommend you to check FNET TCP/IP stack, which provides baremetal Ethernet application, more detailed info, please check below link:

FNET TCP/IP Stack

Wish it helps.

chandrasekarkan
Contributor III

Hello Mua

With FNET now I am able to bring the Ethernet Up. Giving me the FNET link was a great help.

In K60 : for MII interface, Additionally Port-A pins 5, 9, 10, 11, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 and 29 are have to be set to Alternate functionality 4, PTA->PCR[] |= 0x00000400;

and One more change is that PHY module which i use is KS8721BLI that has PHY_ADDR as 1. And it started to work alright. I am able to ping the board's IP.

Thanks once again!

Regarding MQX: I think I need to strip down the other peripherals and try it on the custom board to bring it up.

0 Kudos
chandrasekarkan
Contributor III

Hello Hui_Mua

I am really glad that you replied... I will surely try your suggestions... If there are more hints that you can provide please post them here....

thank you

0 Kudos