Having a Problem with connecting to the TWRK65F180M mcu, and I definitely need help

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having a Problem with connecting to the TWRK65F180M mcu, and I definitely need help

Jump to solution
juanriveros
Contributor II

When I plug in the board, the MCU does not turn on. Only when I press the reset button does the D3 LCD start blinking. my computer then recognizes it as a device, pulls up the BOOTLOADER drive, but I can only access it for about 10 seconds until the computer does not recognize it as a device anymore. The D3 LCD continues blinking even though the MCU is not recognized by the computer. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

First of all, please refer TWR-K65F180M board user guide table 4 to set Jumper with default setting.

I would recommend customer to check here to updated the TWR-K65F180M board OpenSDA firmware.

pastedImage_1.png

Please select one firmware of the latest firmware application and copy to the Bootloader disk (press the reset button and then power the board at USB J7 port):

pastedImage_2.png

After that, power up the board again (release reset button), you could find related debugger was recognized at Computer device manager panel.

If there without any modification, I think the on board OpenSDA was damaged.

Customer could download the OpenSDA bootloader image and program the MK20 chip with related SWD interface (J5).

pastedImage_3.png

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

First of all, please refer TWR-K65F180M board user guide table 4 to set Jumper with default setting.

I would recommend customer to check here to updated the TWR-K65F180M board OpenSDA firmware.

pastedImage_1.png

Please select one firmware of the latest firmware application and copy to the Bootloader disk (press the reset button and then power the board at USB J7 port):

pastedImage_2.png

After that, power up the board again (release reset button), you could find related debugger was recognized at Computer device manager panel.

If there without any modification, I think the on board OpenSDA was damaged.

Customer could download the OpenSDA bootloader image and program the MK20 chip with related SWD interface (J5).

pastedImage_3.png

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!