cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have trouble setting breakpoint in KE16Z when using RTOS

madisonchou
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using FRDM-KE16Z board.   I import Example SDK project, rtos_examples, freertos_mutex.   Build and it runs just fine.   But when I suspend execution, I got IDE error: Suspend operation timeout.

If I rerun the program with a breakpoint set at taskYIELD() of write_task_1() (line 80,) the program breaks at the line.  But if I resume execution, the program goes to neverland and console output shows nothing.

Any thoughts?   Thanks!

Jei

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jei,

Hope you are doing well. My name is Sabina and I'll be happy to help you. Could you please confirm your SDK version and IDE version so I can attemp to reproduce the same behavior.

Best Regards,

Sabina

0 Kudos

madisonchou
Contributor III

I just built it a few days ago.   It is 2.5.2 (237 2019-07-04).  Manifest version: 3.4.0.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jei,

I have tested this on my FRDM-KE16Z board and had no problem. I am using MCUXpresso 11.0.0 and the SDK 2.5.2 . I am using the UART terminal to see the results from this example. I can pause and resume without any errors.  

Also if I place a breakpoint on line 80 I can continue executing the example and breaks again at line 80 without a problem. Could you please provide screenshots.

Best Regards,

Sabina

0 Kudos