HDMI to UVC

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI to UVC

philhale
Contributor IV

Is there a way to convert a live HDMI stream and output a USB Video Class (UVC) output so a PC can see the stream from within Skype or some other webcam type application? How about the other way around? Connect a webcam to an NXP MCU and convert it to HDMI?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi PHIL HALE ,

Please check the RT UVC appliation note:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12103.pdf 

Whether it is useful to you or not?

Or maybe you need to use the I.MX processor instead of the MCU.

Wish it helps you!

Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

philhale
Contributor IV

Thank you, Kerry.

I read that doc last night. It doesn't explain how one would receive an HDMI stream and re-encode it into a format that the MCU can convert into a USB stream.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi PHIL HALE,

MCU seems difficult to meet your HDMI request.

Today, I help you check with our processor engineer, they tell me you can try I.MX6 and I.MX8.

More detail, please go to this link, and create the new question post, our I.MX processor engineer will help you.

i.MX Processors 

Wish it helps you!

Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos