Full Kinetis Bootloader 1.2.0 package still available?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Kinetis Bootloader 1.2.0 package still available?

mahi
Contributor IV

Hello,

Is the full Kinetis Bootloader 1.2.0 package still available for download anywhere on the NXP website?

When following the Link to MCU Bootloader | NXP you can read "The legacy KBOOT downloads are still available on the MCUBOOT downloads tab."

But there is only "Freescale_Kinetis_Bootloader_1.2.0 for KS22 package" which lacks (at least) the sources for blhost.

I am looking for a "as small as possible" blhost tool for flashing a MKL13 device via UART from an i.MX6. Before starting to strip down the blhost tool from MCUBOOT 2.0, I wanted to have a look at the older version with less functionality.

Best regards

Martin

0 Kudos
7 Replies

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Martin,

If you want to use i.MX6 to flashing KL13, Please don't refer to blhost. This project is base on PC. Please download KBOOT2.0.0 package. The project in NXP_Kinetis_Bootloader_2_0_0\validation\embedded_host use a K65 to flash target MCU.

KL13 has 64k flash maxim. If you feel the memory size is not enough, you can use a simplified bootloader.

https://github.com/yandld/nxp_easy_mcuboot

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

mahi
Contributor IV

Hi Jing,

In my opinion, i.MX6 running Linux is closer to a PC than to a Kinetis K65. Compiling blhost (from the 2.0.0 package) for i.MX6 requires only a very simple bitbake recipe, but the resulting executable is too large for my (very special) purpose.

My request for the 1.2.0 package was driven by the hope for a smaller tool due to fewer features/commands compared to 2.0.0.

I don't need another (simplified) bootloader, KL13 already has a bootloader in ROM and I intend to use it (no Flash required).

I simply need a tool as small as possible "feeding" this bootloader with data.

So I will have a look at the sources of the embedded host and build something on my own - I was hoping to avoid this work...

Best regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

brendanta
Contributor II

Bump to an old post.

Could you share the bitbake recipe to build blhost please?

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

There isn't a special blhost for KS22. Please use the one in FSL_Kinetis_Bootloader_1_2_0

Regards,

jing

0 Kudos

mahi
Contributor IV

Hi Jing,

would you please have a look at the MCUBOOT download page --> MCU Bootloader | NXP ?

pastedImage_2.png

There is only a 1.2.0 package especially for KS22. I agree, that most probably the blhost tool in there is not a special one. The problem is, that this package only contains the blhost binaries and no sources (validation directory is missing).

Best regards

Martin

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I share the bootloader 1.2.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1703jJFn8gDGpG2FfB8_Srfmq6zdy0SIv 

Regards,

Jing

mahi
Contributor IV

Thanks a lot!

I would suggest to put this archive into the MCUBOOT download area instead of the KS22 one.

Best regards

Martin

0 Kudos