Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freemaster with FRDM-KE06Z

Jump to solution
brunotremblay
Contributor III

Hello,

I was able to connect Freemaster to a FRDM-KL25Z following the instructions on MCU on Eclipse: Tutorial: FreeMASTER visualisation and run-time debugging. The visualization works fine. Now I try to connect to a FRDM-KE06Z without luck. I alwas get the "Can not get board information! The communication will be pause. Error code 0x80000101"

I try with an up date of the OpenSDA (1.18). I notice that the FreeMaster's Processor Expert bean with the KE06 is different from the one with the KL25, but not much.

Did someone have success using FreeMASTER on a FRDM-KE06Z?

Best Regards,

Bruno

1 Solution
leonardomoreno
Contributor II

Hi Bruno,

Solved the problem by enabling other form of communication with the board following this tutorial: FreeMaster Setup using OpenSDA on a FRDM-KL25 Board .

Hope it helps you too.

Leonardo

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bruno.

please can you show me your communication settings? Do you have correctly choose port?

FreeMASTER User´s Guide - Communication 

do you have correctly choose .elf file?

FreeMASTER User´s Guide - Symbol Files

Thank you for your feedback!

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos
brunotremblay
Contributor III

Hello Iva,

I made some test on a FRDM-KL25Z board and on a FRDM-KE06Z board with a simple blink LED program. On FreeMaster, except for the port number, speed and symbol file name the rest is the same. So it works on the KL25Z and it stops (debug) with the KE06Z.

Here are the FreeMaster’s settings:

Project name: Blink_KL25Z

Port: COM7 speed:128000  symbol file: Blink_KL25Z.elf

Project name: Blink-Blink06

Port: COM9 speed:115200  symbol file: Blink-Blink06.elf

With Blink-Blink06, every time I try to activate the comm, (the STOP button in FreeMaster tool bar) the program stops in debug at :

/*

** ===================================================================

**     Method :  UnhandledInterrupt (component MKE06Z128LK4)

**     Description :

**         This ISR services the unhandled common interrupt.

**         This method is internal. It is used by Processor Expert only.

** ===================================================================

*/

PE_ISR(UnhandledInterrupt);

PE_ISR(UnhandledInterrupt)

{

PE_DEBUGHALT();

}

Of the Vector.c file. So I don’t think the problem is with the FreeMaster settings but with the component configuration in Procrssor Expert in Kinetis Design Studio.

Do you know where can I find a example of the configuration of the FreeMaster component in Processor Expert for the KE06Z or FRDM-KE06Z?

Best Regards,

Bruno

leonardomoreno
Contributor II

I have exactly the same problem. Have you managed to solve it? Thank you

0 Kudos
brunotremblay
Contributor III

Hi Leonadro,

The problem is not solved yet. I don't have time to work on it now. I'll give an update later.

Bruno

0 Kudos
marciol_carleto
Contributor I

Hi Bruno, I´m facing the same problem here but I´m using a custom board with a S9KEAZ128AVLH MCU and have created a new PEx project (PE_DEBUGHALT();)

Using S32 and Freemaster KSDK I don´t have exceptions but can´t communicate with Freemaster either. Can you help me on that?

0 Kudos
brunotremblay
Contributor III

Hi Marcio,

Can you describe me what is happening or not happening when you say that Freemaster don’t communicate with your mcu?

Meanwhile, you can check the following post by Erich Styger that help on the setting of Freemaster.

https://mcuoneclipse.com/2013/08/24/tutorial-freemaster-visualization-and-run-time-debugging/

Regards

Bruno

0 Kudos
marciol_carleto
Contributor I

Hi Bruno,

At this point the main problem (My board not communicating with Freemaster) is solved, but…

But it only worked when I changed the definitions below at freemaster_cfg.h:

#define FMSTR_LONG_INTR 0 /* Complete message processing in interrupt */

#define FMSTR_SHORT_INTR 0 /* SCI FIFO-queuing done in interrupt */

#define FMSTR_POLL_DRIVEN 1 /* No interrupt needed, polling only */

Wich means using polling SCI (I want to use short interrupt). Reading the AN4752, it says (page 13):

“FMSTR_Isr() must be assigned to the UART3 interrupt vector. The kinetis_sysinit.c file contains the vector table definition. Here, we can define the called FreeMASTER:”

(tIsrFunc) FMSTR_Isr, /* 67 (0x0000010C) (prior: -) UART 3 status sources */

(tIsrFunc) FMSTR_Isr, /* 68 (0x00000110) (prior: -) UART 3 error sources */

The thing is, this kinetis_sysinit.c file was not generated and I really don´t now where is located my vector table and how to assign FMSTR_Isr() to UART 1, the peripheral I´m using to communicate with Freemaster.

Regards,

Marcio.

De: brunotremblay <admin@community.nxp.com>

Enviada em: quinta-feira, 4 de outubro de 2018 16:58

Para: Marcio L. Carleto <mcarleto@sighra.com.br>

Assunto: Re: - Re: Freemaster with FRDM-KE06Z

<https://community.freescale.com/resources/statics/1000/35400-NXP-Community-Email-banner-600x75.jpg> NXP Community

Re: Freemaster with FRDM-KE06Z

reply from Bruno Tremblay <https://community.nxp.com/people/brunotremblay?et=watches.email.thread> in Kinetis Microcontrollers - View the full discussion <https://community.nxp.com/message/1064779?commentID=1064779&et=watches.email.thread#comment-1064779>

0 Kudos
leonardomoreno
Contributor II

Hi Bruno,

Solved the problem by enabling other form of communication with the board following this tutorial: FreeMaster Setup using OpenSDA on a FRDM-KL25 Board .

Hope it helps you too.

Leonardo

0 Kudos
brunotremblay
Contributor III

Hi Leonardo,

Thanks for the link. Unfortunatly or fortunatly, that wasn't the problem. After trying programming something else on my computer at home I found that the Code Warrior's installation was the problem. I finaly took some times at work and the communication with FreeMaster works fine.

Thanks again,

Bruno

0 Kudos