Freedom 22f board stops working after pasting JLink_OpenSDA_V2_1.bin to bootloader drive.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom 22f board stops working after pasting JLink_OpenSDA_V2_1.bin to bootloader drive.

diwankerpandey
Contributor I

I have pasted JLink_OpenSDA_V2_1.bin file to bootloader drive. and now my freedom k22f board stops working. 

How to fix this.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Because the firmware you use is latest, but the debugger bootloader is old. You need to update the debugger bootloader. You need an external debugger to connect to J12. And follow the attachment.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 days after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

diwankerpandey
Contributor I

I have only an "IAR I-jet"  external debugger. Kindly let me know the steps on how to recover the board.

0 Kudos

nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You need a external debugger that has the jlink firmware to update the firmware. I-jet can't used for updating. You can buy a jlink debugger in SEGGER. And use it to connect to the J12. Follow the attachment. 

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 days after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

diwankerpandey
Contributor I

Jlink debugger price is more than the board price. Is it a wise decision to buy a Jlink debugger to recover the board? It would be better, I should buy a new board and throw this board into the dustbin.

I bought the new board with the old debugger bootloader. I do not understand whose fault is? Certainly not mine. Now board is of no use.

0 Kudos

nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

If you have other board, and the board has jlink debugger. You can use that board as external debugger.

Or you can find some alternative of jlink debugger on the web.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos