Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreeMaster symbol file paser for KEIL

Jump to solution
yuanli
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Can someone help guide how to configure KEIL symbol file in FreeMaster?

I'm studying example projects of KM128SWDRV_R3_0_0 with KM34 tower board.

In IAR, it is convenient to extract variables from ..\Release\Exe\*.out file in FreeMaster Project -> Options -> MAP Files tab.

But in KEIL, seems the symbol file is ..\Release\*.map file, but it can't be parsed correctly.

I tried all the other format options: Binary ELF... RegExp text paser..., always failed. Then can't retrieve global variables to monitor.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_3.png

Please help advise, thank you.

Best regards,

Ryan

Labels (1)
1 Solution
ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Yuan Li,

the problem is, that you must open file ..\Release\*.axf and then choose the option Binary ELF.

In Freemaster is error (this bug is already reported), when you can choose files in search with suffix .afx instead of .axf, so files with .axf are filtered.

I hope it helps,

Best Regards,

Iva

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Yuan Li,

the problem is, that you must open file ..\Release\*.axf and then choose the option Binary ELF.

In Freemaster is error (this bug is already reported), when you can choose files in search with suffix .afx instead of .axf, so files with .axf are filtered.

I hope it helps,

Best Regards,

Iva

andreacanepa
Contributor IV

Thanks Iva,

I also had the same problem, but thankfully I found your answer and I solved it.

it is unbelievable that no changes to FreeMaster have been made from 2015 to 2017 to correct this defect. Has anyone alerted the NXP of this problem?

Best regards,

Andrea

0 Kudos
yuanli
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks Iva, it works well with the .axf file.

Best regards,

Ryan

0 Kudos