cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing problem with MKL13Z32

DanieleRossiFW
Contributor I

Hi,

I have problem with ML13Z32 programming via SWD interface.

Using SEGGER J-Link probe with J-Flash software, every time I attempt to flash or erase the MCU, the probe connects correctly to MCU but after this it returns "Failed to download RAMCode" error.
I have checked power supply and signals and they are all OK.

image002.png

I have tried to connect the MCU with KinetisFlashTool via UART (on PTA1 and PTA2 pins) and the MCU was flashed correctly.

J-Flash configuration is the same I use with other MCUs (e.g. MKL14Z64, MKE15Z64, MK34Z256, ...), maybe is it necessary another configuration?

Thank you in advance for the support

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

dave__
Contributor I

I am utilizing SEGGER J-Flash version 7.88m and encountering identical error outcomes.
I've noticed that the configuration file generated by the Jflash tool has set the RAM size to 16K, which is incorrect for my current situation.
I am currently utilizing the MKL13Z32VLH4 processor, which only has 4K of RAM. Additionally, the starting location of the RAM was incorrect.

To determine the precise location of your RAM start and its size, you can refer to your linker file. Afterwards, you need to ensure that the *.jflash file is correctly configured with this information. Once I completed these steps, I was able to establish a connection and successfully program the processor. 

0 Kudos