Flash Swap Works fine but does not automatically start the firmware

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash Swap Works fine but does not automatically start the firmware

viveknath_thulasi
Contributor II
Hi All, I use a MK10DN512 and trying to do a Flash Swap, we recieve the firmware over CAN and Program the Upper half of the flash Sucessfully. But After flashing the program into the upper half , the CRC check, and Flash Swap works fine. Checked the Flash State and Swap block status right after Flash swap --> the device changes to kFLASH_SwapStateComplete But the device is stuck at this point and it does not run the new firmware flashed. Any hints or suggestions to solve this issue? Regards, Viveknath thulasi
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

viveknath_thulasi
Contributor II

Hello Gustavo,

Thanks a lot for the response.

I use the above mentioned document as reference.

I am also doing a reset using Watchdog.

Update:

The flash swap works fine.

But flash swap fails very Sporadically. Almost 4 out of 5 times it sucessfully passes.

But it fails and works in next iteration and there are no similar patterns to each time it fails.

Any Suggestions to debug this issue?

Are there any specific timing parameters that i should take care of ?

Best Regards,

Viveknath thulasi

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Viveknath Thulasi,

I couldn’t find much information of known issues, but I would recommend to keep looking for a pattern. Do the errors occur indistinctively of the direction of the swapping or does it occur only when swapping in one direction? Does the source of the reset affect the error rate? Is the flash successful, with the error presenting after reset or is the actual flash unsuccessful, thus not changing the active partition?

Time-wise there is not much information on constraints, provided that the swap states are being considered. Is the error occurring in certain states? It is important to consider the states to avoid errors like the one described in the following thread:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/Kinetis-Microcontrollers/K64-Flash-Swap-remain-in-unreliable-state/m-p/...

Regards,
Gustavo

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Viveknath Thulasi,

Have you checked that the process is setup correctly? As reference AN4533 (link below) may be of help.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN4533.pdf

You mentioned that it won’t automatically start the firmware, are you performing a reset after the successful Flash Swap?

Regards,
Gustavo

0 Kudos