Flash OpenSDA v1 to a blanking K20 chip

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash OpenSDA v1 to a blanking K20 chip

hieutran
Contributor I

Hi All, I am designing a motor controller using the KV46F256, based on the demo board HVP-KV46
https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/HVPKV46F150MUG.pdf 

This board use the K20 as serial and debug adapter (OpenSDAv1).

Now after soldering all components on PCB, I don't know how to flash the blanking K20 to have OpenSDAv1 from P&E Micro. I have a Serger J-Link, but always failed when try to flash. Error message is: Could not find CFI compliant flash device.

Could someone please help me on the flashing process and binary file for:

- Flashing the booloader to have OpenSDAv1 on the K20

- Flashing an app on the K20 so that I can communicate with the Kinetis K46F256.

Thank you very much!

Robert Tran

0 Kudos
3 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The OpenSDA v1 is a closed solution, the OpenSDA v1 bootloader from P&E uses flash protection and is not available.

What you can use and flash instead is the v2 OpenSDA and bootloader, see How to Recover the OpenSDA V2.x Bootloader | MCU on Eclipse 

I hope this helps,

Erich

hieutran
Contributor I

Thank you Erich, I am able to flash the OpenSDAv2.2 to the K20 now. But the demo examples of motor controller apps running on the OpenSDAv1. Do you have any idea to make them work with the OpenSDAv2.2?

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The difference between OpenSDA v1.0 and >V2.1 is that for v1.0 the application starts at 0x5000, while in V2.2 it is at 0x8000.

So you either have to use a 0x5000 OpenSDA bootloader (e.g. v2.0) or recompile the demo to workd from 0x8000.

Erich

0 Kudos