Failed to resume target process., ARM GDI Protocol Adapter : An error occurred while trying to write memory. The Debugger can not write memory.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to resume target process., ARM GDI Protocol Adapter : An error occurred while trying to write memory. The Debugger can not write memory.

lokuate
Contributor III

I'm creating a new project 'deleteme' as a Bareboard project for my KL15Z128 design... I cannot seem to debug, I haven't touched the project initial code...

The funny thing is my CW 10.4 was working great just 3 weeks ago with my prototype, now it doesn't since I connect my prototype that worked ok with mi CW 10.4 and now it doesn't work!

I haven't touched the project since the last time it worked 3 weeks ago... did something expired in my CW instalation, or did it automatically update to something that doesn't work now???

Following the complete output of the J-Link trace:

Executing Initialization File: C:\Users\Carlos\workspace\deleteme1/Project_Settings/Debugger/init_kinetis.tcl

radix x

cmdwin::eclipse::config hexprefix 0x

cmdwin::eclipse::config MemIdentifier p

cmdwin::eclipse::config MemWidth 32

cmdwin::eclipse::config MemAccess 32

cmdwin::eclipse::config MemSwap off

cmdwin::reg User\/System Mode Registers/LR = 0xFFFFFFFF

failed on register write: LR

cmdwin::reg Breakpoint Unit Registers/BP_COMP0 = 0x0

failed on register write: BP_COMP0

cmdwin::reg Breakpoint Unit Registers/BP_COMP1 = 0x0

failed on register write: BP_COMP1

cmdwin::reg Core Debug Registers/DEMCR = 0x1000001

failed on register write: DEMCR

cmdwin::reg Data Watchpoint and Trace Unit Registers/DWT_FUNCTION0 = 0x0

failed on register write: DWT_FUNCTION0

cmdwin::reg Data Watchpoint and Trace Unit Registers/DWT_FUNCTION1 = 0x0

failed on register write: DWT_FUNCTION1

Please Help!

Carlos

Labels (1)
2 Replies

alexandergutor
Contributor I

Really i found the same problem:

ARM GDI Protocol Adapter : An error occurred while trying to write memory. The Debugger can not write memory.

Something happened with hardware connection. I tried several projects but same problem all time.

To solve this problem i put device in the forced reset by button and in time of reset i start debugging. The CW started debugging and after some delay i switch off my reset button to start the controller.

Everything become good.

nasreenshaikh
Contributor III

Hi carlos,

Try making a new workspace for the same project and check that power supply to the board is proper.

Nasreen

0 Kudos