Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-KL43Z Capacitive touch slider Kinetis Design Studio Demo

Jump to solution
grec_mihai96
Contributor I

Hi guys,

Can somebody give me an example about how to use the capacitive touch slider on the FRDM-KL43Z Board in GPIO mode? All I need is something simple, like whenever I touch it, a message like "Hello World" is printed. All I want to see is how to proper configure the PTA12 and PTA13 pins and what is their behaviour. Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mihai,

Because the KL43 series don't have the hardware TSI module, then if you want to use the capacitive touch slider, you need to use the GPIO function to realize it.

About the KL series integrating touch sensing software on kinetis L using GPIO method, please refer to this application note:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN4637.pdf 

Please check it at first.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
grec_mihai96
Contributor I

Hi Kerry,

Thanks a lot, that's exactly what I was looking for. Have a great day!

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mihai,

Because the KL43 series don't have the hardware TSI module, then if you want to use the capacitive touch slider, you need to use the GPIO function to realize it.

About the KL series integrating touch sensing software on kinetis L using GPIO method, please refer to this application note:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN4637.pdf 

Please check it at first.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos