FRDM-KL25Z and Freescale USB CDC tutorial with CW10.6: stuck in the middle !

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-KL25Z and Freescale USB CDC tutorial with CW10.6: stuck in the middle !

stefat54
Contributor II

Hello everybody,

I am newbie with Kinetis and CW. I am currently using CW 10.6 with a  FRDM KL25Z demo board.

Trying to setup the tutorial found here:

CodeWarrior Tutorial for FRDM-KL25Z: USB CDC wi... | element14

I am walking around with no success since yesterday afternoon with the FSL_USB_CDC_Device getting the errors - see please attachment picture:

Send Buffer : no inherited components assigned

Receive Buffer: no inherited components assigned

The other errors seem stupid as they should only be related to the length of the Value string: easy to fix (I suppose)

Is there anyone that can help ?

My aim is using the other USB (not the Open SDA) to exchange data with  an external USB host, running my final application hw, where I will not have installed the Open SDA interface.

Thank you for any support.

Stefano

Tags (4)
2 Replies

stefat54
Contributor II

I forward here an answer got from Erich Steyger (by the way: thanks so much again) who fully solved this issue:

Hello,

have you loaded both *.PEupd files from GitHub (both Part1 and Part2)?

Because it needs the RingBuffer component (have you this one present in your component library)?

The other error you see with the strings is a bug in MCU10.6 :-(

My component examples have spaces at the end for these strings, and this spaces are now removed in CodeWarrior 10.6 :-(

The workaround is to use

FSL CDC DEVICE56

FREESCALE INC.12345678901234

I hope this helps?

Erich

Wlodek_D_
Senior Contributor II

Hello,

Thank you for your post, however please consider moving it to the right community place (e.g. CodeWarrior Development Tools or  Kinetis Microcontrollers ) to get it visible for active members.

For details please see general advice Where to post a Discussion?

Thank you for using Freescale Community.

0 Kudos