Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM KL25Z USB Device is not getting recognized in Linux system

Jump to solution
charanreddy
Contributor III

Hi,

We had designed a custom board with MKL25Z32VFM4 Controller on it. we have programmed the custom board with USB Device program. The problem here is the custom board is getting detected on windows system as Removable disk but the same board is not getting detected on Linux system. If i download the same code on FRDM KL25Z development boad it is getting detected on both windows and Linux systems. Is there any particular thing that need to be done on the custom board to make it detect on any operating system.

Regards,

Charan

0 Kudos
1 Solution
santiago_lopez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Charan,

USB is a standard, so as soon as the firmware complies with that standard the device should be compatible with any USB host supporting that class regardless the operating system. Problems of this type are more commonly related with hardware and drivers. Some of them are most robust and can handle errors in the communication allowing you to continue, but some others no. My recommendation would be to use a USB sniffer and compare both cases to catch the part of the communication in which Linux is dropping the connection. Also I would recommend you to use an oscilloscope to compare the USB lines in your board with the lines in the FRDM-KL25 to see how much distorted they are.

Let us know how it went.

Saludos

Santiago Lopez – Wireless Applications Engineer

View solution in original post

2 Replies
santiago_lopez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Charan,

USB is a standard, so as soon as the firmware complies with that standard the device should be compatible with any USB host supporting that class regardless the operating system. Problems of this type are more commonly related with hardware and drivers. Some of them are most robust and can handle errors in the communication allowing you to continue, but some others no. My recommendation would be to use a USB sniffer and compare both cases to catch the part of the communication in which Linux is dropping the connection. Also I would recommend you to use an oscilloscope to compare the USB lines in your board with the lines in the FRDM-KL25 to see how much distorted they are.

Let us know how it went.

Saludos

Santiago Lopez – Wireless Applications Engineer

charanreddy
Contributor III

Hi Santiago Lopez,

Thanks for your quick replay. I think there is some problem in our hardware. we are checking on that. Will inform once the problem gets resolved.

Regards

Charan

0 Kudos