FRDM-KL25Z: Files moved to BOOTLOADER don't seem to be stored, consequently can't run anything. (Mac OSX)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-KL25Z: Files moved to BOOTLOADER don't seem to be stored, consequently can't run anything. (Mac OSX)

alexobviously
Contributor I

So I opened my FRDM-KL25Z for the first time today.

The first time I plugged it in with the opensda usb port, a device appeared in finder called "FRDM-KL25Z" and the demo ran.
Then I restarted it in bootloader mode, and the "BOOTLOADER" device appeared. I copied the MSD flash programmer over and restarted it.

After it restarted, the demo was still working, but I couldn't see the "FRDM-KL25Z" device any more. The bootloader mode works exactly the same as it did the first time though, apart from the file I copied not being there.

I have a suspicion of what is happening after reading this: http://www.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/user_guide/OPENSDAUG.pdf (page 5)

Note: Some operating systems cache the files on the BOOTLOADER drive. Because of this, files that were copied to the OpenSDA Bootloader drive may be seen in the file system even though they are not stored to the non-volatile flash memory of the OpenSDA controller. These files will no longer appear once power has been cycled to the OpenSDA device.

So I guess the problem is that the files aren't saving, which would explain why nothing is happening. The question now is: how do I make them store properly? I've tried copying them by command line instead of finder, but that's the same thing really and it doesn't make a difference, and I can't think of any other ways to copy files so I guess I'm missing something.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Alex

Labels (1)
2 Replies

kai_liu
Senior Contributor I

I have no Mac, but I remember some Linux distro do have same issues. We can use some command (sync?) to enforce writing data from RAM cache (i-node) to desired location HDD.

You need to dig into Mac's user manual to find it.

0 Kudos

alexobviously
Contributor I

Update:
I borrowed an ancient windows laptop and put v1.12 of the MSD app on the bootloader, and now it works on my mac :smileyhappy:

I'm not sure if copying things to the bootloader will work on mac now, but I'm too scared to try it right now in case I break it again, and I need a bit of sleep.