FRDM-K66F, Creating composite device of Audio Input Device (Plug and Play) and MSD (SD Card)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-K66F, Creating composite device of Audio Input Device (Plug and Play) and MSD (SD Card)

Jump to solution
mahendranmanoha
Contributor III

Hi,

I have a very high-level design question.

I would like to use the FRDM-K66F board in any one of the following options

1. User would be able to switch between one of the two functionalities of "audio input device" or "MSD Device" for SD Card with a (for eg.) press of a button 

2. Creating a composite device with both "audio input device" and "MSD device". I am afraid that having these two functionalities would affect the throughput in USB as one is Isochronout transfer and the other is bulk transfer. 

Personally, I think the first method is very efficient and the user will be happy with the device's performance. However, I am wondering which is the quickest way to implement it with the available resources.

If anyone can please suggest which is the preferred or right method, and quickest method to implement?

I have gone through USB documentation that was available with the lastest SDK for FRDM-K66F board, but I am not sure where to start and how to proceed.

Please guide me in the direction to achieve both functionalities.

best regards,

Mahendran

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

In the SDK you can find examples for this but there is not a specific example with both, that is a solution you may to development combine the examples.

Best regards,
Pavel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mahendranmanoha
Contributor III

Thank you Pavel,

Earlier, I have gone through the code examples and assumed that my requirement needs to be developed. I want to thank you for confirming it. 

best regards,

Mahendran

0 Kudos
Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

In the SDK you can find examples for this but there is not a specific example with both, that is a solution you may to development combine the examples.

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos