Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-K64F Silicon Errata for PK20DX128VFM5 & MK20DX128VFM5

Jump to solution
muthurajm
Contributor III

Hi All,

Need of Silicon Errata Sheet for these microcontrollers.....

PK20DX128VFM5(Pre-Qualified) & MK20DX128VFM5(Market Qualified)

Prequalified version MCU assembled FRDM-K64F(2 NOs-REV C) is Not working for any code that has been locally builded.

The same builded file is working fine with Market qualified MCU assembled FRDM-K64F(1 NO-REV E)

But sample code from Demo package provided by Freescale is working fine on Both REVC and REV E Boards.

Regards,

Muthuraj

+91-9003281838

1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Muthuraj,

The second line of the mask print is the silicon number, then you can find the corresponding errata data of the silicon version through the link as below.

K20_50 |Kinetis 20 50 MHz MCUs|Freescale

Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

50 Replies
muthurajm
Contributor III

Dear Jeremyzhou,

Sorry for the late reply.

we had received the board last week itself.

Thanks a lot for your support :smileyhappy: Good day.

Regards,

Muthuraj M

0 Kudos
muthurajm
Contributor III

Dear jeremyzhou,

Kinldy share the invoice and airwaybill.

Thanks.

Regards,

Muthuraj M

0 Kudos
muthurajm
Contributor III

Dear Jeremyzhou,

Kindly share the invoice and airway bill copy.

Muthuraj.m@lnttechservices.com

Thanks & Regards,

Muthuraj M

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Muthraj,

I've shipped this board through the Fedex, please kindly acknowledge once you received it.

Tracking no: 6330 7998 4694
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
muthurajm
Contributor III

Dear Jeremyzhou,

Thanks a lot for all your effort.

Kindly ship it back to the same address and Let me know the tracking details once it has been shipped.

we couldn't test the Jumper settings as another board is not in our hand.

Will let you know once we got the board in our Hand.

Thank you again for providing a great support on this.

Regards,

Muthuraj M

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Muthraj,

Good news:smileyhappy:. I've fixed it.

After deeper looking into the issue, I've figured out the RTC module that failed to work as it was not powered.

The Jumper J23 was shorted by a cut-trace on bottom layer originally, however I found it was already cut on the Rev C board.

And the RTC module work well after I connected the Jumper J23 to power the VBAT pin (Fig 1).

You can have a try on your another Rev C board.

IMG_20150720_153028.jpg

Fig 1

Have a great day,
Ping

0 Kudos
muthurajm
Contributor III

Dear Jeremyzhou,

Thank you very much for the support you had provided. :smileyhappy:

Here we had checked the same by Disabling RTC on the Another REV C Board and its working fine.

1. Can you please check with your team to list down the possibilities for the cause of RTC HW Module failure.It would be helpful for further proceedings.

2.Kindly let me know if there is any way that you can change the MCU chip alone and ship it back after testing.(If possible)

Thanks and Regards,

Muthuraj M

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Muthraj,

Yes, I think so.

To confirm the reason that causes the RTC module damage, It needs specific testing machine by using X-ray to scan the chip.

As I know, Shanghai office doesn't have this kind of machine and the testing service is a paid service, it needs you to contact with the local FAE to apply this service.

And I think the issue is a product problem and the chip mounted on the your board may had this bug originally.

Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
Ping

muthurajm
Contributor III

Dear Jeremyzhou,

Thanks for the acknowledgement.

Kindly let me know if you need any assistance on debugging.

Great Day :smileyhappy:

Regards,

Muthuraj M

0 Kudos