FRDM K64F:How to use SPI for communicate with other MCU, on KSDK or PE?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM K64F:How to use SPI for communicate with other MCU, on KSDK or PE?

edwinchristiany
Contributor II

I'm starting to develop with FRDM K64F and want to use SPI to communicate with other mcu, but can not find this module in KSDK or Process Expert, could use DSPI to do?

2 Replies

adriancano
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Yes you can use the dSPI drivers. This one contains the same functionality as the SPI without any difference; the name for the peripheral was changes from the previous versions of the KSDK because the current name is DMA-SPI since it supports DMA transfers and is one of the enhanced characteristics of this module.

Hope this information can help you.

Best Regards,
Adrian Sanchez Cano
Technical Support Engineer
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edwinchristiany
Contributor II

On   {$KSDK_PATH}/platform/drivers/inc/ there are fsl_spi_*_driver.h, fsl_dspi_*_driver.h, fsl_spi_dma_*_driver.h and fsl_dspi_dma_*_driver.h, what's the difference between them, * is master or slave?

When i use fsl_spi* for configure, i have errors because some variables are not defined; but when use fls_dspi* haven't problem.

And also please, could you give me an example of how to use spi to communicate with other MCUs?

thanks

0 Kudos