FRDM-K64F-AGM01 and PC cannot be connected.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-K64F-AGM01 and PC cannot be connected.

t-kira
Contributor III

This is my first time to email you.
I have encountered a problem while trying to perform an evaluation test on the product below.

Product model: FRDM-K64F-AGM01
Problem: The dedicated installer (The Freedom Sensor Toolbox-Community Edition (STB-CE)) does not recognize the product even if the FRDM-K64F-AGM01 and the computer are connected via USB.

Currently, we have downloaded what is required to install STB-CE.

(Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 ,Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2013 ,VISA Runtime Engine 17(124MB), LabVIEW 2017 32-bit Runtime Engine(366MB) ,Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0)

First, start the installer (Freedom Sensor Toolbox-Community Edition (STB-CE)). Then click "Box Sensor Demo" as shown in the figure and connect the PC and FRDM-K64F-AGM01 with a USB cable.

d.png

When FRDM-K64F-AGM01 is connected to a PC, it will not be recognized as a port by the PC's device manager as shown below.

b.png

At this time, there is no change in the appearance of FRDM0K64F-AGM01.
Furthermore, even if you press the RESET button of FRDM0K64F-AGM01, it is not recognized as a port in Device Manager, and there is no change in The Freedom Sensor Toolbox-Community Edition (STB-CE).

Furthermore, even if you change the PC (Windows7, Windows10) and install and connect The Freedom Sensor Toolbox-Community Edition (STB-CE) again, the same phenomenon occurs even if you change the USB cable.

What is the cause of this phenomenon?
How should I connect the product to my computer?

We apologize for the inconvenience, but thank you.

0 Kudos
34 Replies

t-kira
Contributor III
Thank you for your reply.

I heard that the PC and FRDM-K64F-AGM01 can be connected with a debugger.

However, I think FRDM-K64F-AGM01 is for connecting directly to a PC.
I want to connect to a PC with only the following two boards.
a.PNG

What do you think is the reason why the board and PC in this figure cannot be connected?

We apologize for the inconvenience, but thank you for your reply.
0 Kudos

nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Connect your debugger between PC and board. Then open jlink.exe. This program will recognize your debugger. 

You can buy the lpc-link in our website.

LPC-Link2 | NXP   

Have a great day,

TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 days after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

t-kira
Contributor III

In other words, should I purchase LPCLink and use LPCLink in the diagram below to enable the connection between the PC and FRDM-K64F-AGM01?

a.PNG

0 Kudos

nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

This is LPC link. You can use it to debug.

pastedImage_1.jpg

Have a great day,

TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 days after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

t-kira
Contributor III
I'm sorry, I made a mistake in replying, so I am sending it again.

About Debugger I looked up FRDM-K64F-AGM01 and the corresponding debugger at www.segger.com. Should I buy the debugger shown in the figure below?

a.PNG

If the LPC link in the previous figure is connected to J10 on the board, what I connect to the other side?

I am sorry for many questions.
please tell me.

0 Kudos

t-kira
Contributor III

I do not have a debugger.

What is a debugger like?
And if so, what kind of debugger should I buy?
I am sorry many questions, but please tell me.

0 Kudos

nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Do you have the debugger? You should use debugger and connect to the J10 on board. Then follow the document.

Have a great day,

TIC

Note:

t-kira
Contributor III

About Debugger I looked up FRDM-K64F-AGM01 and the corresponding debugger at www.segger.com. Should I buy the debugger shown in the figure below?

a.PNG

If the LPC link in the previous figure is connected to J10 on the board, what I connect to the other side?

I am sorry for many questions.
please tell me.

0 Kudos

nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Do you have the experience about debug? If not , this document may bother you. Do you have the debugger?

Because your mcu's firmware can't be recognized. You have to update the mcu's bootloader and firmware.

Where to download the Jlink software? Visit SEGGER.

Downloads-> J-link/J-trace->  jlink sofeware and documentation pack-> J-Link Software and Documentation pack for Windows

Have a great day,

TIC

Note:

t-kira
Contributor III

I experienced the debugger for the first time.
As I told you earlier, I downloaded "J-Link Software and Documentation pack for Windows", connected the PC to the board in step 5 of the attached file, and clicked "JLink.exe" in step 6.
You will see a screen like the one shown.

a.PNG

A similar screen is displayed by pressing the reset button on FRDM-K64F-AGM01 and clicking "JLink.exe". Even if I check the connection of the USB cable or use another USB cable, I cannot connect in the same way.
After all, is it a malfunction of the USB connector of FRDM-K64F-AGM01?
I tried variously, but is there a workaround?

0 Kudos

nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Please follow the attachment.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

t-kira
Contributor III
I saw the attached file.

I downloaded "OpenSDA version/bootloader" in steps 2 and 3 of the attached file and placed it in the folder I created.
a.PNG

However, as for how to download the JLink application, I saw the link in the attached file, but I could not understand what to download.
Can JLink be downloaded for free at www.segger.com in Links?
I'm doing a JLink search on www.segger.com, how do I find the JLink I'm looking for?

0 Kudos

t-kira
Contributor III

Thanks for the reply.

I inserted the cable many times (the USB connector next to the reset button on the FRDM-K64F-AGM01 and the USB cable connection, the USB cable and the PC connection), but the same phenomenon as the previous mail occurred, so it is correct It seems that it is plugged into.

FRDM-K64F-AGM01 (USB connector next to the reset button) is connected to the USB cable and the USB cable is connected to the PC.
When I pressed the reset button of FRDM-K64F-AGM01 in this state, "BOOT LOADER (D :)" was displayed on the PC.

c.png

I do not know the cause, but is the FRDM-K64F-AGM01 USB connector itself damaged?
We apologize for the inconvenience, but please reply.

0 Kudos

nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Do you insert the cable correctly? The usb connector beside the RESET button is what we use. When you press reset without releasing, does the PC show the disk like 'bootloader" or "maintenance".

pastedImage_1.png

If not, use jlink to connect MCU(J10), try to connect with the debug MCU mk20. 

If so, you can update the firmware and try it again.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: