cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM K64,not able to soft reset on Cpu_SystemReset() call

kirtiraje
Contributor III

Hello,

I am using FRDM K64 board for writing boot loader and application firmware in KDS. My boot loader starts at 0x00 and application  starts at 0xA000. I want to soft reset the firmware, whenever I get command to do so.I have disabled all interrupts and called Cpu_SystemReset() processor experts function call to soft reset the firmware. I am expecting my device PC should jump to bootloader address 0x00 after soft reset. It is resetting from application but not jumping to boot loader address 0x00. I can see SDA_RESET LED D1 and SDA_LED Green D2 are set ON after soft reset function call. I am using opensda debugger for debugging the application.I was trying to attach debugger to test boot loader application after resetting from application code but not able to find out where is my program stuck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kirti 

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kirti,

Could you let me know if you're using KSDK and the version?

Are you using a custom bootloader or the MCUBoot?

Also, as an error catch, you could check the register RCM_SRS1, this will help you know the reset source. The SW bit should help you to know if the MCU comes from a software reset.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos

kirtiraje
Contributor III

Hi Alexis,

Thank you for the reply.

I am not using KSDK. I am using custom boot loader.

I have found out the issue. Whenever I jumped to address 0x00 after soft reset command,there was no boot loader present. It got erased when I flashed application code through debugger. Because of that it was stuck at address 0x00. Now, I have flashed application through boot loader and I could debug it.

Thank you again for the help..

Kirti

0 Kudos