Errors in flashing FRDM-K64F via OpenSDA

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors in flashing FRDM-K64F via OpenSDA

pratiekbhadrana
Contributor III

Hello. I am trying to flash the FRDM-K64F using the inbuilt debugger OpenSDA. But I'm getting an error which I have attached in the screenshot. Actually a lot of errors appear quickly on the console and disappear before I can take a screenshot. I'll try to post those also

pastedImage_0.jpg

The steps I have taken are as follows-

1.Installed mbed driver from the website, with the device plugged in as mentioned in its instructions.

2.Installed OpenSDA drivers from PEMicro website, again with device plugged in and all windows explorer windows closed as mentioned in its instructions.

3.Configured Debug Profile as per KDS 2.0.0 User Guide to use PEMicro's OpenSDA debugger.

What could be the problem?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Pratiek Bhadranavar,

it looks you have incorrectly set debugger in KDS. 

Please, look at this thread, No port select available in setting a debugger connection if is is your matter.

Also, we have created good tutorial for this procedure, please also check your steps according to Illustrated Step-by-Step Instructions: Updating the Freescale Freedom Board Firmware | MCU on Eclips...

Best Regards,

Iva

pratiekbhadrana
Contributor III

Ira, in another thread on the forum, I found that the FRDM-K64F uses the OpenOCD Debugger, not the OpenSDA !!! I'll try this out and confirm as soon as possible !!!

0 Kudos

pratiekbhadrana
Contributor III

My mistake. It is clearly mentioned in the KDS 2.0.0 User Guide that for mbed enabled FRDM boards, the OpenOCD debugger is to be used. I was using the wrong debug profile. It works with OpenOCD. I am also attaching a screenshot of the console after using OpenOCD. Something has got programmed, but my program doesn't seem to be working. Can someone confirm if this is the correct screen after programming? If it is, then something's wrong with my program............

screenshot

pastedImage_0.jpg

Thanks a lot Ira!!!

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pratiek Bhadranavar,

please, have you tried push the reset on the board?

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos

pratiekbhadrana
Contributor III

Yes I have tried the reset button. But I searched on MCUonEclipse, and it says that I should have configured the WDOG timer off. I suppose that was holding it in reset again and again.

But the debug configuration is now correct isn't it?

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Dear Pratiek Bhadranavar,

it looks on problem on OpenOCD side.

Please, did you try work with J-Link?

Segger J-Link Firmware for OpenSDAv2 | MCU on Eclipse

J-Link from Segger you get on SEGGER - The Embedded Experts - OpenSDA / OpenSDA V2

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos

pratiekbhadrana
Contributor III

Hello Ira. The tutorial you mentioned clearly says that it is only for older freedom boards. New FRDM boards using the mbed bootloader need a different system. Can you help me out with that?

0 Kudos

pratiekbhadrana
Contributor III

Here is the screenshot of the errors which appear at 94% Debug (indicated in the bottom right corner of the console)

pastedImage_0.jpg

They disappear once it reaches 100%

0 Kudos