cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ee(42) Could not connect to core - MCUXpresso

AndreVB
Contributor III

Hello

I have a custom board with a KL17Z64 that was running over a year or so. After a software update, run for a while and after a write on Flash procedure, the MCU stop working. The application does not boot, and part can't be programmed anymore. The reason why that happen is under investigation.

The only thing associated with the Flash I found in the new software was an address definition as  #define addrss2 63488;   The ';' was not supposed to be there. Not sure that would make any difference.

Anyhow, I checked similar posts like:

I have tried to power up the part with NMI_b and/or reset_b tied up to ground, disconnected those from the ground and run the debugger/mass erase/Kinetis resurrect. 

I have tried to power up the part and run the debugger/mass erase/Kinetis resurrect with NMI_b and/or reset_b tied up to ground. Still can't communicate with the part.

The application software never changes the definition of SWDs, reset_ and NMI_b pins.
reset_b and NMI_b pins are not used and left floating in the board.

Here is the log:

MCUXpresso IDE RedlinkMulti Driver v11.7 (Jan 12 2023 18:05:45 - crt_emu_cm_redlink build 1)
Found chip XML file in C:/Users/vband/My Drive/MCUXpressoIDE_ALT/MKL17Z644_Project_RTC_/Debug\MKL17Z64xxx4.xml
(  5) Remote configuration complete
Reconnected to existing LinkServer process.
Connecting to probe 1 core 0 (using server started externally) reports:
'Ee(42). Could not connect to core.'
Retrying...
Reconnected to existing LinkServer process.
Server OK but no connection to probe 1 core 0 (after 3 attempts) - Ee(42). Could not connect to core.
============= SCRIPT: kinetisRamReset.scp =============
Error: Wire not connected
Error: Wire not connected
Vector table SP/PC is the reset context.
PC = 0x00000001
SP = 0x00000001
XPSR = 0x00000000
VTOR = 0x20000000
============= END SCRIPT ==============================
Failed on connect: Ee(42). Could not connect to core.
No connection to chip's debug port

I'm using MCUXpresso IDE v11.7.0_9198    MCU-LINK  3.108 on Windows 11. I also tried same procedures with PEmicro Multilink ACP. 

Any help to recover is very appreciated.

Thank you,

AndreVB

0 Kudos
0 Replies