EVK-RT685 and LWIP 2.2.0, can I downgrade with no issues?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVK-RT685 and LWIP 2.2.0, can I downgrade with no issues?

AlexFroio
Contributor I

I recently began digging into making plans to validate a project I am working on, and need to put together an SBOM of all the software pulled into our product. As a result of this work, I happened to find that the wifi drivers included in MCUxPresso for the RT685 are leveraging v2.2.0 of LWIP (LightWeight IP), a development version.

Is it possible to swap out the current LWIP code included in the examples with an earlier version? For functional safety reasons, we do not want to release a product with unstable software items. It makes our timeline iffy and messy, in case the development version has some major bug.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies

AlexFroio
Contributor I

Okay that answers my compatibility question, but I have a real concern here about drivers being published with an unstable dev version packaged. Why? That can bite a lot of developers late into their projects.

0 Kudos

nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

We normally have the latest versions, as this software is a tool for developing.

0 Kudos

nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thank you in advance for contacting NXP support.

Yes, is possible to downgrade if it is required for your application, but please have on mind that our software is built for an specific version so it could require some work around for this change. Please let me know if there is anything else where I can help you.

0 Kudos