Does KL03 need a pullup resistor on reset pin

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does KL03 need a pullup resistor on reset pin

tedmawson
Contributor III

I designed a PCB that takes the MKL03Z32CAF4, I thought the reset pin had an internal pull up resistor but now I'm not sure.  Does it?  Is there a document that describes things such as this and the minimum requirements?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ted,

The RESET_b pin, if enabled, should have a 100 nF capacitor close to the MCU for transient protection. When enabled as it's default function, has a weak internal pullup, but an external 4.7 kΩ to 10 kΩ pullup is recommended.

For more detail, please refer Kinetis L Peripheral Module Quick Reference.

RESET_b and NMI_b.jpg

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tedmawson
Contributor III

Robin,

Thanks for the clarification.  I'm trying to make my hardware start up reliably so, given I'm using the KSDK (without PE), what is the recommended way to apply/configure the digital filter available in the RCM_RPFC register.  I'm hoping that doing this will allow my prototype PCBs to start up reliably but I will add the components suggested for the next spin.

Ted

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ted,

If you are using SDK_1.3_FRDM-KL03Z download from Kinetis SDK Builder (REV 2 & 1.3).

You can search "RESET Pin filter" in Kinetis SDK v.1.3 API Reference Manual.pdf. (for example ...\SDK_1.3_FRDM-KL03Z\doc)

The function RCM_HAL_SetResetPinFilterConfig() can be found in such folder. (for example  ...\SDK_1.3_FRDM-KL03Z\platform\hal\src\rcm)

RCM_HAL_SetResetPinFilterConfig.jpg

Best Regards,

Robin