Does Freesacle provide a library for fixed point math similar to TI IQMath?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Freesacle provide a library for fixed point math similar to TI IQMath?

andreag
Contributor II

if not can someone suggest the easiest/most efficient (execution-wise) way to implement this in Kinetis seires MCU?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

eduardo_viramon
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The Embedded Software and Motor Control libraries are probably what you're looking for, check them out here:

Embedded Software and Motor Control Libraries Product Summary Page

0 Kudos

andreag
Contributor II

Hi guys,

thanks for the replies!

I amu sing a Kinetis L series (Cortex M0) so using floating point is not an option for any real time work. Also the motor control library is not available for this MCU (only for Cortex M4).

There are a few generic fixed point math libraries, but none seem to have the ease of use of the TI one. For real time control (in my case motor control) it is extremely useful and is probably the part I miss the most from TI...In particular CMSIS library is OK and I will try and use that first, but it does not have much in terms of fixed point math basic functions (conversions, basic operations, etc....)

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos

chris_brown
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andrea,

I am not aware of any library that Freescale provides.  For standard floating point math, you should just be able to include math.h, declare float variables, and perform the math.  That library should be a part of most IDEs.  For more complicated functions (like computation of trigonometric functions, matrix math, vector math, filtering functions, etc.,), I suggest trying the ARM CMSIS DSP library. 

Hope this helps,

Chris

0 Kudos