cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference flash memory secure / unsecure mode KEA128

Jump to solution
joopaandentoorn
Contributor II

I am trying to setup a bootloader on a S9KEAZ128 chip that enables software updating, and was reading into the flash protection mechanisms. I noticed on page 249-250 of the reference manual that the flash module FTMRE can either be secured or unsecured, but table 18-4 states all flash command are available in both states. Could it be that the table is incorrect?

I am trying to understand what the practical difference between these two states is, and how to use them.

Tags (2)
1 Solution
miduo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Actually the table 18-4 is correct that all flash commands are available in both states. The true difference between the secure and un-secured mode is for debug port. That is to say the flash commands are always available for MCU core, but is not available for access through debug interface when in secure mode.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
miduo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Actually the table 18-4 is correct that all flash commands are available in both states. The true difference between the secure and un-secured mode is for debug port. That is to say the flash commands are always available for MCU core, but is not available for access through debug interface when in secure mode.

joopaandentoorn
Contributor II

Ah that makes sense. Thank you!

0 Kudos