Difference between MK60DN512VLQ10 and MK60DN512ZVLQ10

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between MK60DN512VLQ10 and MK60DN512ZVLQ10

waynefannon
Contributor I

Is there any discernible difference between these two part numbers? Can I use the "initial silicon rev" Z-version as a drop-in replacement for the "main silicon rev" version? Or are there feature changes, bug fixes, etc. that mean I will have problems? I have tried to find documentation somewhere showing any/all differences between these two silicon versions, but I wasn't able to find anything like that. If that exists, could someone point me in the right direction?

Note: I am using the MQX RTOS on this microcontroller, if that makes any difference.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

waynefannon
Contributor I

Thanks!

0 Kudos

_Leo_
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

There is no discernible difference between these two part numbers. However, while existing customers can still order the part MK60DN512ZVLQ10, NXP does not recommend the part be designed into new end products. No discontinuance decision has been made, and all minimum longevity commitments will be honored. When a decision is made, it will be communicated through NXP's product discontinuance process (e.g., with a discontinuance notification to existing customers).

Please, do not hesitate to contact me if you need more information.

0 Kudos

stefano_conegia
Contributor I
Hi,

I am involved in board testing with this CPU but now, we have to use the MK60DN512ZVLQ10 instead of MK60DN512VLQ10. The issue is that the chip with version "Z", is not working and I see with debug that it jumps forever at the "default_isr" function ...

I am sure that the bootloader works fine and I can see the point where is the final Jump to the app code.

From the bootloader, I see the jump instruction:

(( void(*)() )FNET_CPU_INSTRUCTION_ADDR(address))(); /* Jump. */

Where the macro is: ((address) | 0x1)

Is this code correct for both CPUs?

Could you help me?

Thanks!

Stefano
0 Kudos

stefano_conegia
Contributor I

Hi,

I am involved in board testing with this CPU but now, we have to use the MK60DN512ZVLQ10 instead of MK60DN512VLQ10. The issue is that the chip with version "Z", is not working and I see with debug that it jumps forever at the "default_isr" function ...

I am sure that the bootloader works fine and I can see the point where is the final Jump to the app code.

From the bootloader, I see the jump instruction:

(( void(*)() )FNET_CPU_INSTRUCTION_ADDR(address))(); /* Jump. */

Where the macro is: ((address) | 0x1)

Is this code correct for both CPUs?

Could you help me?

Thanks!

Stefano

0 Kudos